Logitech G Owners and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Akh-Horus, Aug 20, 2010.

1. pepsimax

pepsimax Member

I must say the best feeling mouse that i use is the g5 v2, the one with the blue lines across it. I also use the g402 at work, as the g5's are hard to come by.

Recently got a g900 with the recent eBay sale, have only used it for around 3hours feels good in the hand and responsive feel is good with all the clicks.

However my hand is too big, with my thumb placement for the side buttons not feeling as good as the g5

2. Jarwedy

Jarwedy Member

The too purchased a G900 recently, is nice all round except experiencing the weird thumb placement like yourself. I have big hands also.
    Very nice tactile feedback on this mouse :D.

I came from a G700 and used a G5v2 in between the G700 breaking and getting the G900. I LOVED the G700 (although it is a heavy mouse) as it just fit in my hand so well , had a nice 'ledge' for your thumb to rest on... similar to the G5's nook that would support your thumb.

3. The_Overclocker

The_Overclocker Member

I'm using a 403 right now. What do you want to know?

FWIW I really like it - lightweight (but not too lightweight) and easy to drop down into sniper resolution. The wheels and buttons all feel good although every now and then I lightly knock the side buttons and Go Back - which can lose me some work. Those are perhaps a little too hair trigger. But for me this is a great work/gaming combo mouse - just like the G810 is a great work/combo keyboard.

Nick
    (who's been away a while)

4. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

I'm still using the good old MX518 and the shape is perfect as I'm a palm user rather than claw, what new Logitech mimic closest to the MX518 in terms of shape, feel etc?

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I used the 518 for quite a few years, great mouse, but thought it was time to upgrade....so went currently with the G502 and couldn't be happier once I got the weighting correct.

6. petertho

petertho Member

Love logictech mice (especially the hyperscroll wheel!)

Just sold my trusty G700. Now have both MX Master + G900 mice. Also bought sister a G710 kb + G602 mouse and have the K830 keyboard for the living room.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Awesome multimedia keyboards the K830, I have two of them myself for two tv's :thumbup: Solid, rugged, good looking, backlit, built in pad, plenty of functionality.....it's an absolute winner.

Picked them up on special for about $50 each.

8. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Anyone have experiences with the G403 Prodigy Wireless mouse?

Looking to go wireless just to clean up my setup. I'm not really hardcore into gaming anymore - I only play CS casually and at most 4 ESEA matches a week now. More just wanting to know about reliability of the connection via wireless as well as battery life. Is it safe to assume now as wireless technology for even 'gaming' mouses to be sufficient with little / no difference compared to a wired mouse?

9. dacow

dacow Member

I ended up biting the bullet and purchasing a 403 as well :) It's arch is quite high compared to the 502.. more akin to those that are used to Deathadders or the Zowie mice. I like the lighter weight compared to the 502 I must say.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Thought I would try the wireless MX Master so I purchased one recently. Used it once.....seems very heavy and quite big to the touch when reaching for the center wheel. Not overly impressed.

Probably sell it off.

11. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Thats a shame but everything is personal preference I guess.

12. jji7skyline

jji7skyline Member

Just got a G302 to replace my Cougar 600M which lasted me almost two years. Still getting used to the shape and the sensor, but I've got 30 days to decide whether or not I want to take it back anyway.

13. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

I reckon you will be fine. I have used many mice and have settled for the G502 as the best option......

14. jji7skyline

jji7skyline Member

Okay here are my impressions.

Firstly, amazing quality for a $35 mouse so keep that in mind with my criticisms.

The scroll wheel isn't quite as snappy as I'd like, sometimes it gets stuck between snaps. A little more resistance and stronger 'clicks' between the scroll lines would have made a big difference I think.

The lift-off distance is non-configurable, and it's higher than I'd like. I guess I could fix it by attaching feet but I'm not sure how that would affect normal tracking accuracy. Apparently the G303 has adjustable lift-off distance, but it's twice the price.

15. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

16. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

17. toje

toje Member

Well I gave this old turd a clean after 10 years.

[​IMG]

Feels like new, I gotta say I love the old G15, I wish I still had the first gen, but it fell apart after a year.

18. broccoli

broccoli Member

I've just sold my G19 to another member. I guess I'm not an owner any more :( If anyone wants my number, they can have it, I suppose? I'll leave it up to Akh.

19. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

You can keep it mate - I hope you will end up with another Logitech G item in the future!!

Oh and I have 4 G15v1's kept in the cupboard!!

20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Still in reasonably good condition, but I can't ever imagine having a keyboard for 10 years :wired: