1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Logitech G Owners and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Akh-Horus, Aug 20, 2010.

1. juzz86

juzz86 Member

It's held up pretty well. I found that I'd over-tightened the screws holding the LCD PCB onto the front frame a bit, as I was getting light bleed in the corners. Backed the screws off a quarter-twist and she's golden :thumbup:

2. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

You make a few dollars repairing them :)

juzz86 likes this.
  3. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I bet! If I was better on the iron I'd have a go at it, haha.

Akh-Horus likes this.
  4. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

Anyone know of a decent wireless mouse for a relaxed claw/palm hybrid (back of my palm sits on mouse and top part of fingers, but air between.

My last couple of G mice (G502) just feel too thin for my hand or the thumb buttons too far forward. I use an old G7 at work (love it), but it doesn't have enough buttons for today's gaming.

5. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

It finally happened. My G5 (Orange original), pre ordered back in 2005 has died, well the right click has died. It was my daily and then my Sons daily for the last few years so has seen lots (and lots) of hours of gaming and normal use. It's still on the original braided cord and only it's second set of feet.

He's already grabbed a shiny new Roccat Kone EMP which he's pretty excited about, he chose it and paid for it with his own money! :)

Back to the G5, the click still feels normal so maybe just a dirty contact or a dry joint or something inside, it's still in very good condition so I might have a look at pulling it apart and seeing if I can get it working again. I'll need new feet if I get it working (I might have a spare set here somewhere), but they are cheap enough on eBay.
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/logitech-g5-restoration-and-tweaks.233746/

Akh-Horus likes this.
  6. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

As a lover of the G502 mouse, I've ordered a G502 lightspeed and powerplay mouse pad...should get it before end of the week :)

macktheknife likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Get to it. I regret selling mine years ago.

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Any decent places to nab some feet/pads for the MX518??

I'm going to do a recon shortly as it really needs a big clean.

9. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Aliexpress or amazon are probably the only places now considering it's a near 15 year old mouse that stopped being produced 8 years ago.

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well there's a bunch on fleabay, just looking for a recommendation on which to buy....maybe they're not all the same. Prices seem reasonable, might just get a couple of sets from Ali or Amazon then :thumbup:

11. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

I wish to be member number 1394 please. Lots of love for Logitech. And a big rant at the current state of affairs..

Keyboards/gameboards: G15 (current kind of), G11, G15v2, G15v2, G13, G110, G19, G310, G810 (current).
    Mice: g5v1, g5v2, G7, G500, G500s (current), g700s(current) G302, G402, G502
    sound: G51, G35, G430
    Game controls: G25
    When I say my G15 (that's the original one) is KIND of current.. BITS of it are my original keyboard, but it did need 3 donors to revive after a vodka spill in about 2007.
    And I hate to be a dick.. BUT... Sorry People, MX's don't count. ;) Just like Wingman doesn't count, MOMO doesn't count, and driving force doesn't count. (I've had all them too, but they aren't G no matter how good)

The best keyboard logitech ever made was the G19 followed by the original G15, and the best mouse ever is the G700s (when wired) followed by the G500s, G500, and then G5 V2 then V1.

The current mice are total ARSE! they either break too easy, are stupidly priced, or uncomfortable as a brick, or all of those.
    The G810 is passable because it's simplistic, yet functional mostly. I don't see me getting rid of these mice, and my biggest regret is selling my G19 to Kosti.
    Go mechanical and RGB they said... It'll be good they said.. BULLSHIT, the G19 was nicer to type on than any Logitech keyboard in the decade since it came out (and that includes roamer and cherry switches) and as for RGB... STAY THE COLOUR I SET FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, I DON'T NEED RAINBOW VOMIT or stuck Green keys half the time when they should go back to red after a second.
    But the biggest mis-step was the G35.. It was super comfortable, for the first 4 hours.. Then your ears are numb, and there's fake leather peeling and sticking to you, and your hands, and your desk, and your floor, and clothes, and various other body parts.
    Still waiting for logitech to make a truly great headset. G430 came close, just a gnats wing too heavy.

I feel better now.. Despite rant at some shitty products (I got triggered tonight by using a G502 with a faulty sensor out of no where.. 6 month old mouse, looked after, can't track properly.. BITCH a G5 could glide down a hallway into a brick wall and still work perfectly for 5 more years)

I hope there'll be some more winning products soon.

Akh-Horus likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Welcome aboard member 1394.

I personally still have a love for the G15 blue original keyboard and have 3 in storage. I tried a G19 but it didn't gel. Can you give your feedback on them as well :)

Current mice - totally agree that they just aren't the same as the originals.

13. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

I'm not dedicated enough to have 3 in storage, they're good, but I have so many other keyboards I love using. I currently have 2 and even that seems like overkill. Might be time to downsize to just one. I'm sure you'd like my total overhaul of the G15 in retro if you haven't seen it.

I loved the G15 V1, the V2 was nice and all, but with the orange backlight that even at the dimmest setting was too bright, a fixed angle LCD that was fixed at the wrong angle, and the fact that mine were cursed. (2 people killed them on me with alcohol, and never gave me a cent... bastards) mean I just can't love the V2. My younger brother is still using his after 5 ish years or so though, so they are good enough.

The G19 though.. despite needing it's own powerbrick which was a bit batshit TBH, it was just nice to type on.. It was a solid build, everything was just in the right place.. it had just enough curves and angles to be stylish, but didn't go over the top with stupid angles, or weirdness for the sake of "gaming"
    I loved that I could watch youtube on the tiny screen while I gamed, and I loved that the keyboard would change colours depending on my team when I used to play League of Legends.. The 19 just had so many little things it did right.. and it was finally resistant to drinks.
    A solid all rounder, and the backlight would stay the colour you set unless you told a program it could change it, and it worked all the time, it proved that a good membrane > cheap mechanical any day of the week.

Sure some of the media controls were a bit squishy.. but it was a gaming keyboard, not a media keyboard, they worked well enough to use daily even if you couldn't be bothered gaming.

They screwed up with the G19S though by changing WASD to a different colour.. WHY?????!?!?!?!?!?!! A gamer knows where WASD are for fucks sake.. you don't need to highlight those keys unless you're trying to sell products to teenyboppers who make gaming like it's some sort of elitist cult that they're super special..
    Why didn't they make it an RTS keyboard? where every god damn key is in a different colour.

Highlighting WASD is now a metric I look for to avoid a product.

Akh-Horus likes this.
  14. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Yeah, i hate the v2 orange :'(

screen not being adjustable angle sucks. They got it right with the V1, perhaps mechanical keys would be awesome...

the g19, i couldn't get behind, i dunno. I just have a 2nd monitor/screen haha

15. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Oh I had a second screen..
    Screen 1: Game, the most important task
    Screen 2: Browser, comms channels, downloads etc, the second most important task
    G19 screen: random shit and music videos that didn't matter if I watched or ignored secondary need to everything else.
    PERFECT!!
    I don't even mind that it's not mechanical.. The best keyboard I've ever typed on is a Razor blackwidow when they used Cherry switches. (By best I mean words per minute and least mistakes) but JESUS, the sound woke the dead, their software sucks, the keyboard had stupid angles, and looked ugly as a pile of shit.. The G19 for me is close to the blackwidow but with NONE of those drawbacks.
    A good membrane keyboard is better than an average mechanical. The G19 is personally the best Membrane keyboard I've ever used.

it was catastrophically expensive when released, but bloody hell they were just great in every way, and is probably the only thing I still regret selling.

16. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

Just got a g19 off of gumtree this morning :D great condition as well.

I'm up to 2 g15's and 1 g19 haha.

Akh-Horus likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Keep it going hehehehe

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ok, own up, who has a pair of these? :p

19. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

NOBODY LIKES MILHOUSE!!!!

As an owner of the last G speakers (the AMAZING G51) I think I can speak for all of humanity and say that lightsync RGB speakers ARE FUCKING STUPID.

The tech is good, but lights on speakers IS FUCKING STUPID.

20. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Quick question, are there any wireless logitech mice that have a dock for charging? Like the now defunct MX-Revolution. I like the idea of docking it at night to recharge rather than plugging cables in or batteries etc.