Logitech G Owners and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Akh-Horus, Aug 20, 2010.

1. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

NOBODY LIKES MILHOUSE!!!!

As an owner of the last G speakers (the AMAZING G51) I think I can speak for all of humanity and say that lightsync RGB speakers ARE FUCKING STUPID.

The tech is good, but lights on speakers IS FUCKING STUPID.

2. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Quick question, are there any wireless logitech mice that have a dock for charging? Like the now defunct MX-Revolution. I like the idea of docking it at night to recharge rather than plugging cables in or batteries etc.

3. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Not that I am aware of but I like probably a lot of us have a couple of Revolutions in the drawer :)

4. 2SHY

2SHY Member

Since the recent software update, I'm not convinced that Logitech are the go to.

Their hardware is always pretty good though.

I'm still rocking a G902, though this will change soon if a cheap Corsair K68 RGB is comes up for sale.

5. bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy Member

What happened with the update?

6. 2SHY

2SHY Member

The software update seems way more clunky and unnecessary imho.

7. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

I believe this applies here

Solutoins to problems that don't exist other than to create problems to be fixed.

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

They've done a big update recently?

9. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

10. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Don’t be daft, doesn’t have RGB, it’ll never take off.
    Headsets NEED RGB!

11. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Says you. :p

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  12. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

I've got a pair of G35's sitting here that I'm just not using. Have replaced the soft bits. Does anyone prefer a wired headset?

13. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Don't know about other people but I don't mind either. No preference .

14. Dalork

Dalork Member

Got a pair of wireless G933's but don't use them much as I have other headphones I prefer the sound quality of. (wired and wireless but they are not Logitech) but the G933 do have the all important RGB lighting lol. What is it with us gamers and RGB lights, heck even my mic has RGB lighting.

15. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

The book of logitech explains this quite well. passage 7:3:

back in the before time, when you spent hours planning and making a build all of your efforts were rendered worthless by cases that didn't have a window on the side panel, then someone one day spent an amount considered a shitload on a videocard and decided they needed the whole world to see it so modded a case window in.
    That opened the floodgates of lighting. Cold cathodes of neon and UV, and LEDs as far as the eye could see.

Every manufacturer in the world expeditiously delivered products to suit this new found abilty of self expression through pretty lights.
    Lo, the PC enthusiast could finally show off all the hardware that they spent more on than their cars.

But alas, if you built a system you were forever stuck with just one colour at a time, and if you tried more than one, you looked like a noob. Even the famed G15 (Passage 7.1) was limited to blue (Gen 1) and orange (Gen 2) lights.

Then hark, 10 years ago, Logitech delivered unto the world the mighty G19. For the first time, your keyboard was not set into a single colour.
    In the year 9 A3(After 3DFX) the G19 was THE gaming keyboard, with features and a price to make your eyes water, mouth drool, and partner leave you if you purchased one.

Yay. Soon the entire world no longer needed to make the hardest decision man can make in his computing life. Red or Blue LEDS.

(The book of logitech doesn't actually exist, but after typing that, I think it should)
    the fiery pits of hell and the dark times will be speakers having lights.
    I remember putting duct tape over the LED on my X230, and LEDs on the G51's so they wouldn't distract me when watching movies.

now people go apeshit for speakers with lightsync.. which is like a more idiotic, less useful, more tacky Phillips ambilight.

Dalork likes this.
  16. Dalork

Dalork Member

lmao, well written and a good laugh.
    Funny you mention G15 and then G19 two of my fav keyboards (typing on a G19), I'm not bothered if things don't have lights but if they do I prefer them blue. But I'd buy something on it's functions rather than colour/s end of the day. The theater room I hate all leds with a vengeance, very distracting and I'm a BIG fan of black tape lol. I'm an all separates kind-of-guy so there's all kinds of bloody lights everywhere and most you can't change/control the colour or light function of.

As for the headphones I don't get putting lighting on them, you put them on your head and you can't see the bloody things lmao. I guess it makes things pretty for streamers viewers maybe, dunno.

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  17. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  18. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Of all the hardware and software that's come and gone over the years, I don't bat an eye for any of it.. EXCEPT selling my G19.. I still regret that. I "upgraded" to a G810. and it's simply not as good. Since the G19 I've used the following: G110, G510, G710+, G810, G310, G213, and a Razer Blackwidow.

Not a single one as good as the G19. The G19 was as amazing as the original G15 but with RGB and a useful screen. (I Have 2 V1 G15's here that I recently overhauled Considering getting rid of all my other boards just for them)

You have a theatre room... I'm not even that dedicated, and any light when I'm watching a movie pisses me off.

One day I hope logitech can top the G19, but it's been 10 years, so I'm not holding my breath.. they're too busy putting lights on speakers and headsets to be able to even make a space bar properly..

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just did a full recon on my MX518 (work PC) which was starting to get really really gungy. Bought some new skates as well.

It's never been nicer, back to brand new almost!

Also did the G400s last night too, just waiting on skates to arrive.

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  20. OP
    OP
    Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

It’s good to see I’m not the only one to hoard v1 G15’s.