1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Logitech G Owners and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Akh-Horus, Aug 20, 2010.

1. phi

phi Member

Saw theses pictures from reddit users who i think have a problem with mice. They bred too many! lol

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. phi

phi Member

Why you should really, really update your Logitech wireless dongle
    "All of this is to say that if you’ve got a wireless Logitech mouse, keyboard, or presentation clicker, you should probably patch it now — and maybe again in August when Logitech will be rolling some additional fixes out."

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/14/...-wireless-usb-receiver-vulnerable-hack-hijack

Firmware Update Tool
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-au/articles/360035037273

The Firmware Update Tool, allows you to update your Logitech wireless receivers and select keyboards to the latest firmware.

Why Update?
    • - Brings the latest version of the firmware (FW) to supported devices.
      - Bug fixes and security improvements.
    • Software Version: 1.2.169
    • Last Update: 2019-08-20
    • File Size: 13.3 MB

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  3. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

So my MX Keys finally shipped to me (placing another Logitech Keyboard)... and then because it has USB C for charging I clearly needed to upgrade my mouse to the MX Master 3 as well...
    Now I have all three, MX Master, MX Master 2S and MX Master 3. Work, Laptop bag and Home. (and a K750 Solar keyboard at work).

4. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

sold my g810 OS and got the Logitech G Pro X TKL

so far so good

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Looks like Logitech are having some sales recently so might be a good time to pick something up if people are in need of something. Seen a few deals around amazon/ebay/ebgames etc.

6. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

It's EOFYS/stocktake season.

7. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

This scroll issue resolved itself, but this morning the G Pro seems to have died.

I used it all last night with no issue, woke up today, turned on the PC and it the right-click wasn't working. I figured maybe a software problem so I restarted the PC and it just stopped working entirely, no lights, not found by the powerplay mat. Tried connected by the cable and even a different cable, different ports etc and still nothing.

I suspect a dead battery, although it could obviously be something else. Let's see what Logitech say.

The worst thing is that there's no other mouse as good as the G Pro, and I'm pretty sure no-one has anything like the powerplay mat. I can't go back to wired and I don't even want to go back to plugging it in to charge.

8. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

wtf. I left it plugged into the cable after I tested it, like 8 hours ago, but it's just turned back on again and is working with 100% battery. It must have failed to charge for some reason and died and spent.

The right mouse button still isn't working though. Seems like maybe the right mouse button is just dead. And it's dead again after a system restart.

Think I've figured it out. Eventually. It looks like for some reason the mouse is constantly reporting right mouse clicks even when none are being done. It was screwing with the left mouse click when I hadn't disabled the RMB in the G Hub settings.

Tried everything to get it back working, but it matches with what happened this morning before it died. My guess is that drained the battery and it wouldn't go to sleep for charging until it completely died and then I recharged it.

Now after disabling RMB it's 'working' perfectly as long as nothing is set for RMB. Needless to say this isn't exactly good to use.

I'll see what the warranty people say about a replacement. I'm considering ditching Logitech entirely (after what must be at least 20 years and a dozen mice & keyboards) and getting a viper ultimate (I got as far as a payment screen for one but decided to wait for this support ticket to be looked at). But this is a fucking joke. That will at least mean no more powerplay style wireless charging but if I don't have to deal with broken mice for another 5 years it'll be worth it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  9. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

any recommendations for a G502 upgrade? Need at least 3 buttons on the left. Wireless preferred.

Been a logitech guy forever, but happy to look at others (i know this is the logi thread however).

Cheers,

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Have you tried in another rig with the same software?

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Gaming particular mouse?

12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I don't really have another system here, I'm 99% positive it's a switch, ribbon or PCB failure. I've started to notice the left mouse button is occasionally disengaging when it shouldn't eg holding down a nade in CS it'll throw it without me letting go.

I might try opening it up depending on how the support request goes but really I'm just over it. If I were in the middle of some competitive game I'd have bought the RVU already.

13. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

will be for gaming, but dpi not important as its not for FPS.

14. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Some people on reddit have sussed out that there is a new version of the G Pro Lightspeed (wireless/powerplay), G502 Hero and G Pro Hero (wired) coming out in August. So far the only sites with anything about them are Japanese (amazon japan have pre-orders for example) and there's no official confirmation yet.

On my G Pro issue, the right mouse click has started working again for no apparent reason. It randomly came back long after I'd given up on it and done everything short of opening it up and checking the switch myself, it was only plugged in just so the cable didn't fall off the back of my desk. I don't trust it not to fail again, Logitech initially said they'd give me a G730 but after I said yes (within a minute of getting the email) by the time they came back a day later it wasn't in stock so they offered a G502. Which at least is still powerplay compatible.

I'll take it, and if the G Pro fails again I'll try it, I'm pretty sure I won't like it much but by that point I'll probably be done with Logitech and just get a Razer Viper Ultimate and sell the G502 & Powerplay Mat here.

15. phi

phi Member

I have followed a youtube guide to dismantle/open my G903 to re-bending and scratching the contacts in the omron switch which had a double click issue. Took 15-20mins and now is good and issue is all gone but for how long if it happens again or other switches play up. Pretty easy fix!

The only issue is the mouse feet got mangled up when removing them to get to the screws (heated them up too hot with hair dryer) and they are not flat anymore but a little bit bumpy and wavy in places, going to order new ones on ebay for $15 [hotline games or tiger brand) might be better than original.

16. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I've always used hyperglides on my mouse (when they have the right ones for my model).

17. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Logitech have finally approved the replacement. When they told me they only had a G502 I then asked if they had any G903's so that's what they have apparently sent out.

Could take a month to arrive because of Covid though.

18. neopheX

neopheX Member

Just bought myself a G502 Lightspeed (Wireless) and I am wondering if these things act funky with a proper powered usb hub?

When I plug it into the hub it shows 68% battery but when I connect it to the computer directly it shows it's 100%?

19. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

I have a few G items. My G533 are currently waiting on a warranty replacement.
    Always found them awesome, love the mouse and keyboard.

upload_2020-7-30_14-28-20.png

20. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Lol after saying it could take a month to get here the G903 arrived this morning. My mum was saying her work mouse (she's doing work from home) was starting not to scroll properly so I went and let her borrow it for now. I didn't tell her it's a $170 mouse, but she did remark that it was 'the size of a car'. I even put the blank side on for her so she doesn't accidentally click back on anything!