1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Logitech G Owners and Discussion

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Akh-Horus, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Use a good mouse mat and there shouldn't be any lint build up, not even on mouse feet with modern mice.

2. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Big update with release 2022.7.

upload_2022-7-29_21-11-18.png upload_2022-7-29_21-11-25.png
    upload_2022-7-29_21-11-31.png
    upload_2022-7-29_21-11-39.png

And for the changed layout.

upload_2022-7-29_21-11-58.png
    upload_2022-7-29_21-12-4.png

3. Current

Current Member

Does anyone else have the issue where logitechs software just sits on loading forever?

4. Will S

Will S Member

Oh yes...just happened so I gave it a nice one start rating ..that L just goes around and fires blanks

Have a new mouse ...made a mistake and getting it...MX Master 3 ..the side buttons are just hard to access but the scroll wheel is good for sound control

The have defintely taking the lead from Gigabyte and Logitech in the bad software stakes....jeez, even iCue is better then those 3

walker_2003 likes this.
  5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I had to stop using iCue as if was causing pubg to crash.

Just ordered a G pro superlight X to replace my G pro wireless. Keen!

6. Will S

Will S Member

iCue was terrible a few years ago......if you had problems with your PC it was sure to be iCue but then it came good and was the best I have used for my fans.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yeah a shame it still messes with PUBG.

I moved to signalRGB which covers all my devices nicely.

8. mareke

mareke Member

A few days ago I bought a new Logitech G703 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse on eBay sealed in the factory box for $79 including free postage. Another eBay seller has it for $232 while EB Games sells it for $189.95 and JB Hi-Fi for $190. I bought it because it's heavy rather than light and you can use it corded or cordless. I've never liked a light mouse but I'm not a gamer. It's basically identical to my Logitech G403 except that you can charge it wirelessly using a charging mat (which I won't get because it's too expensive). The battery in my G403 went dead years ago but it still works with the cord attached. I could buy a replacement battery on eBay but I'd probably break the mouse trying to open it to reach the battery.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nope, never had that issue.

New software is actually ok, quite zippy for me and probably a little more intuitive than previous. Looks all fairly much the same for my G502 on the sub screens though.

10. Jaff

Jaff Member

Picked up a new G512 to replace my old G512... except this time went with the linear keys for the quieter noise levels (didn't bother me but nobody else was a fan - was bought pre-WFH).Feels very nice and very slick. Not sure why so many reviews commented it wasn't a great board to type on. It's almost perfect for me. Also picked up a Pro X headset the other week - also a very nice piece of kit.

11. s4Rg3

s4Rg3 Member

Nice one! I might have to try the G512, not overly a fan of this EVGA Z20 cheap kb, keys keep getting stuck and weird squeak with the space bar already.

When I first installed the Pro X I thought they were shite, until I chose a preset and was far more impressed

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

That's the GX BROWN instead of the GX BLUE switches right?

13. Tinian

Tinian Member

My G910 has started developing sticky keys. I'm wondering if I should pull it apart for a deep clean?

14. Jaff

Jaff Member

GX Red instead of GX Brown. My old G512 had the tactile keys - and that wasn't by choice it's just what happened to be on the shelf at 50% off at the time, and I didn't have much idea on mechanical keyboards at the time.

GX Blue (Clicky), GX Brown (Tactile), GX Red (Linear)

Sphinx likes this.
  15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Sounds like it for sure. Pull the keys and soak them in soapy water, dry them, get out a paintbrush to clean the board and use some rubbing alcohol if there's any stubborn stains left.

Tinian likes this.
  16. mareke

mareke Member

Got my Logitech G703 mouse a couple of days ago that I bought on eBay. Was it new sealed in the box as the seller claimed? Maybe but maybe not. The seller owns a pawn shop and the sticky tape sealing the box was only round on one end instead of completely round like you usually see on boxes. Nevertheless it looked new or close to it and the price of $79 was too good to pass up.

The first thing I discovered on trying the mouse was that the Logitech gaming software I used with my G403 mouse didn’t see the G703 so I couldn’t configure it to behave the way I wanted. This meant that I couldn't stop the lights in the mouse cycling through a range of colours or configure the buttons or the DPI setting. Then I discovered G HUB at the Logitech website and on installing it I found a way of configuring the lighting in the mouse the way I like as well as making the buttons to do what I wanted. G HUB isn't easy to use and you have to play around with it to figure out how to configure the G703 mouse.

I also discovered that the USB sender unit for the G703 to make it work wirelessly was specific to the G703. The G403 mouse looks identical to the G703 mouse but the sender units for each mouse are specific to each mouse. Overall I'm happy with the G703 but anyone who isn't computer literate would be pissed off if they didn't like the lighting constantly cycling through a range of colours and couldn’t work out how to configure the mouse using the convoluted G HUB program.

17. Tinian

Tinian Member

Did as you suggested and it's working like new. :thumbup:

Just a build-up of dust and hair (hopefully more cat than mine).

macktheknife likes this.