Logitech G502 HERO or Asus ROG Gladius II

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Supersize, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Supersize

Supersize Member

Couldn't find a "mouse" section, so hope it's ok to post here.

Ok my poor Corsair M65 is dying, well the switches are, not the first time the switches didn't last, gone through 2 others already.
    It was either the switches, scroll wheels that play up or both.
    Bashed it on the desk seem to fix it for a little bit :lol:

I was looking to moving away from Corsair, now I'm not wanting to go wireless, so I've nailed down 2 mice I like.
    With the Asus ROG Gladius II it has a easy swap switch connector, plus comes with a second "faster" set, but I had the lack of thumb rest and lighter design.
    The Logitech G502 HERO seems to be the wired mouse, everyone swears by, though it doesn't have easily removable switches, but it has the thumb rest area and is heavier (which I like).

Anyone know any other pro/cons for either mouse?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. anark1

anark1 Member

3. asho444

asho444 Member

I was picking between the M65 and the G502, Very happy with the 502, super responsive and can handle my fast clicks plus the unlockable scroll wheel is awesome if you do an work from home.
    My favourite mouse since my lachesis

4. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I love my G502 also, but I do find it just a touch narrow across the hand - my right little finger and edge of palm is completely off the mouse when holding naturally. Hand width about 120mm.

On something like the Corsair Sabre, my little finger naturally falls on the right edge scallop.

I have a bit of a weird grip style though - I like a wider but shorter mouse. My favourite of all-time is the old G9 with the soft, wide shell.

Points above about unlocking wheel and quick clicks are spot-on :thumbup:

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

The G502 has been my mouse for the last year or so, absolutely love it.

6. Dalork

Dalork Member

Not a fan of the G502 myself, I did the exact opposite. I threw the G502 out and bought myself a Corsair Dark Core. Strange how so many love the G502, I hated it.

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

For what reason(s)??

8. Dalork

Dalork Member

Mostly because of its shape and size, too small for hands. That and double click issues and most of all to finally say goodbye to LGS/or HUB software, put up with it because I loved the keyboard but now it's gone I saw no reason to put up with it.

9. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ok fair enough. The only thing I can say I find a little frustrating with them is accidentally pressuring the back/forward buttons. But that's not too much of a concern.

10. Dalork

Dalork Member

The G502 right hand side was just that little bit too low, my ring finger and pinky mush against the mouse pad. Fine for slow controlled work but has horrid effect if your gaming, that and I had a love hate feeling about the freewheel function. Love the idea but they need to better balance the wheel so it stays where you stop instead of often rolling/moving a little bit once you let go.

The Dark Core besides being a little bit larger/wider also has a optional right side wing, that eliminates any pinky drag issues as you have a rest. I also prefer where the forward/back buttons and sniper button are, thought they may be an issue but in actual use have found it better...well for me at least, but I do have large hands.

11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Interesting you must hold the mouse quite differently.....occasionally my pinky will touch the mouse pad, but I never even notice it and it's certainly not annoying.

12. Dalork

Dalork Member

More likely it's just because I'm a freakish giant with massive mitts lol, I do have maybe slightly larger than average hands if I'm honest. It's very difficult for me to find gloves without them having to be made custom fit.