Logitech G903 not detected

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by uberbanzai, Nov 4, 2018.

1. uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

I reckon I’ve spent the better part of 2 hours trying to get this working.

My G903 will work when wired but as soon as you remove the USB cable it doesn’t want to play. Doesn’t even recognise it in device manager.

I’ve tried everything from installing the software 10 different ways, different USB slots to forcing driver update on a compatible controller.

Running Windows 10.

Halp!

2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Dumb question but you have the wireless receive thing near the mouse and connected to the PC?

3. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

Odd. My 703/613 Mouse/Keyboard (same Logitech "lightspeed" wireless tech as 903) both connect automatically using basic Microsoft drivers on 10 for me.

I don't even have the Logicrap software or drivers installed. Both just show as "USB Receiver" in "Devices and Printers."

Does windows make a sound or do anything when you plug the dongle in?

Note: Those dongles do have horrid reception and are heavily prone to interference being so damn tiny. Might be worth using the included usb extension cord to get it closer to the mouse if possible.

4. OP
    OP
    uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

That's what I thought it should do too. Plug it in and automatically pick it up. I've got the receiver literally in front of the mouse and it isn't recognising it. Maybe it could just be the receiver.

5. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

Did you try to use it on a different PC/laptop?

6. OP
    OP
    uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

I bought it second hand, looks like it might not be the correct dongle. Going to test with a friends G903 tonight.

7. self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

The two for my keyboard and mouse both say "Logitech" on the end of the dongle. With the model number it is for on the side. G703, G613 etc.

Those real tiny dongles you virtually need someone with nails to take out of the board if you have a couple next to each other.

8. OP
    OP
    uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

Using the connection utility I can assign the friends G903 dongle to the second hand mouse.

This is the one I have
    Link

This is the one my friend has that works
    Link

EDIT
    https://support.logitech.com/en_us/...ompatibility-with-Logitech-Unifying-receivers
    Guess that answers my questions.

9. O-B-E-L-I-X

O-B-E-L-I-X Member

Ask the seller to send you the right one... is there any hidden dongle storage in the mouse?