1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lomography - New Petzval 80.5 MKII Art Lens - Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by boneburner, Feb 7, 2020.

1. boneburner

boneburner Member

Limited time - so be quick if you're interested. The Lomography Petzval 80.5 mm f/1.9 MKII SLR Art Lens will be compatible with Nikon F & Canon EF (d)SLRs cameras and available in three finishes including brass satin, black painted brass, and black anodized aluminum finish. An Advanced Bokeh Control Edition will also be available in black anodized aluminum, featuring a Bokeh Control ring.

via: Kickstarter

2. Hater

Hater Member

Fart lens? What makes it more fart than the other verisons?

I'm off-put by all the lame marketing speak.

Trying to bring back the 19th century portrait aesthetic? pretty sure a few noise filters and a bunch of JPEG compression can do that for you

Why are all of the featured photographers attractive looking 20 somet...

wait.

I know why.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  3. OP
    OP
    boneburner

boneburner Member

The obvious answer is, if you cannot see a use for this lens - then this lens is just not for you. It's really that simple.

I've been a fan of Lomography for many years, with a slow but steady constant stream of interesting (and relatively cheap) cameras and products. They certainly follow the beat of their own drum. To be fair, I've not splashed out on one for many years, probably the last being a panorama camera - which I should dust off, I know it's still around here somewhere.....