1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Ark World MMO/Action RPG

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Bertross, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Bertross

Bertross Member

Hey all, im not usually an MMO fan but this is in diablo esk style.... but more.

http://www.lostarkworld.com/

Unfortunately its only got Korea atm then to China. Their is a 2017 release for English though. If this game makes the map I'm sure we will get a English version much sooner.

Anyways ill definitely keep an eye on this.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Bit of a thread revival but game just went through a third (and from what I understand) final closed beta. I suspect we won't see an English version until mid to late next year.

3. frashed

frashed Member

Bookmarked. This looks good :thumbup:

4. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

This game has been in development for so long........ :o
    Hopefully they pull off success.

5. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

So for anyone interested in this, the game is finally coming to the west through Amazon games but NA/EU only. They haven't picked up the publishing rights to the AU/NZ region. However the technical alpha is live and if you can get your hands on a key you can activate and play the game. Fully translated but have to deal with a latency of 200-250ms

6. OP
    OP
    Bertross

Bertross Member

Hmmm man wish this was in the west a while ago!

7. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

Been following this game surprised no one on here is following it

unofficial aussie server is currently

US West > Vultan

Probally going to be the biggest MMO release this year

does have pay to win elements but its growing in popularity in korea because you are not crippled from progression without a credit card; ive had a look at the pay to win because i hate that shit and you would need to spend a ridiculously large quantity of money then as soon as a new tier of content comes out everyone is on a level playing field.

Im actually more concerned about RMT running rampant and making the game bad than P2W.

Game is free to play February 11 at 9 AM Pacific (some time the 12 for us i guess) or if you buy a pack you get 3 days early access. As far as packs the cheapest one is the best value thats the one im getting but there is a good ammount of the cash shop currency in the higher packs so they are not terrible if you knlw this is the game for you.

Im definately going in with a have fun attituted , after watching a video of the hardest raid in korea i dont think i could ever complete this fucking thing

this raid wont be out at launch but it looks fucking hard and dont forget we will also have 200ms ping

Its also desirable to have 3 alts so if you hate games with alts maybe not for you, there is however a gold (not cash shop) way to boost alts in game , so you can max one class then boost some others and decide which you would like to main which is nice because you dont need to worry about picking the wrong main

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  8. darknebula

darknebula Member

FMD! and after all that... then the real boss fight begins

9. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

yeah , the raids seem to not play around , i think all the non raid content looks easy enough

its been ages since ive played a good fresh mmo so ill still play and have a good time but ill probally temper my expectations ; I would not mind trying 100 times on a boss like this but people get so fustrated and agro in my gaming experience , im not sure if by nature korean gamers are a bit more patient when learning something like that

he has phase 2 on his youtube , i know the strategy on most bosses korea uses is essentially out gear the content so you only have to deal with those breakpoint abilities , like 180 140 etc ; the bosses obviously do stuff when not at one of those breakpoints but with enough dps you just focus on those specific set abilities

there is a bard class that provides group shields and dps buffs that will be in high demand and lets you not worry way too much about the non raid wipe mechanics

im still quite dubious about how it will play with a group of aussies on high ping but i asked on reddit and americans reported being able to raid on KR anf RU servers

I think there is about 5 raids total and NA will not have many of them at launch the ones available are considerably easier with less raid wipe mechanics but the mechanics still look very easy for 1 person to fuck up (i think i heard there is a self res item or teammate res item that can be used in combat so as long as you skip raid wipes and have the damage i guess you can keep going)

as unlikley as it may be hopefully people in expecting fights will take several tries for the first few months

i know high level characters can carry the lower level content for gold and thats common in kr because people play alts so even if they can do it on their mains they may buy boosts on alts

anyway its going to be massively hyped when it comes out ill at minimum enjoy the first couple months

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  10. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Anyone playing this? It's out today.

11. OP
    OP
    Bertross

Bertross Member

I’m trying too but west coast US servers are in maintenance atm

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  12. PhilOCAU

PhilOCAU Member

I jumped on for a bit, games a mix of diablo and WoW.

Bertross likes this.
  13. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Was considering giving it a go until I read no Australian servers.

14. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

No servers, p2w Korean grindfest. Watched some gameplay as some friends are playing it - the audio reminds me of pachinko machines.

15. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

It's baller. It's not a grindfest AT ALL, at least not to level.

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Not sure if it gets worse later but the 20 minutes I played had no lag at all, US West. They've hidden the delay quite well.

Bertross likes this.
  17. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Nice little ARPG/MMO = Diablo + PoE + WoW, with a LOT of content to explore.
    200ms ping on NA west servers seems fine. F2P so whats stopping you have a crack?

Bertross likes this.
  18. 13ulletz

13ulletz Member

Tried to get some time onto this over the weekend. Saturday evening had some latency peaks 200-2000 but lastnight seemed fine.
    Seems they've done well with the server capacity and performance for launch considering it is now sitting at 2nd for peak concurrent players on Steam.

For someone liking the idea of an MMO but the play style of ARPG, this is a really nice blend. - lvl 25

P.s, i tried searching for Lost ArK :)

19. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

It's extremely grindy at end game. Even upgrading gear has a % chance to fail. Nothing like failing 90% success rate 4 times in a row... This has happened numerous times already. Seems the 90% success rate is a lie.

Guardian dungeons are fun. But the grindy shit is not - so you don't grind for loot, just for material to upgrade existing loot.

So it comes down to whether the amount of boring time waste is worth putting up for to then enjoy the guardian dungeons and raids.

I guess they need a way to 'encourage' people to pay.

20. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

the combat is really fun, like a mix of all the most popular ARPGs of recent years rolled into one - more D3 inspired would say. very smooth. the story/dialogue/NPC interactions are so laughably bad its practically satire. not bad in a poorly developed way. it all works for what it is, its just beyond extremely lame, pointless and just dumb. and the game is overloaded with so many different mechanics and intricacies it is again borderline just dumb. there's no Stephen Hawking level skill trees like PoE, very welcome to casual players and easy to pick up and stop.

server queue times are shocking at the moment, bring a Switch or queue and go make some food or watch something.

i gotta say though, it's great for a F2P and its a good game, but its not a great game. it's as though they couldnt decide on which direction to take the game within the ARPG and MMO genre, so they decided to borrow everything and use all of it. it becomes an easily navigatable yet annoyingly convoluted jumble of wtf. yet a lot of it does somehow work, combat and skill wise anyway. not to mention you will rarely find a game willing to give you in some cases like 20k+ XP for moving a single brick right in front of the NPC asking you to do it.