1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost passport and wallet in UK.

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by elementalelf, Jul 24, 2012.

1. elementalelf

elementalelf Member

Been living in the UK for about 6 months. I'm planning on moving to Mexico for a few months either this week or next week, however I recently lost both my wallet and passport. Obviously if I only lost one it would be pretty easy to get by but given that I now have absolutely no form of identification, I have absolutely no idea how to go about fixing this.

I have 2 cousins that live in London, I'm not sure if that helps at all but I vaguely recall something regarding a 'guarantor' needed when applying for a replacement passport.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. kombiman

kombiman Dis-Member

Call the Australian Embassy. Thats what they're there for.

Australian High Commission
    Strand
    London WC2B 4LA
    (corner of the Aldwych and the Strand. Nearest Tube station: Temple)

Tel: 020 7379 4334; Fax: 020 7240 5333

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/home.html

3. OldnBold

OldnBold Member

OP .. I refuse to believe that you haven't considered this. Brains help, honestly.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. OP
    OP
    elementalelf

elementalelf Member

Sorry, I thought I'd mentioned...

I've already tried contacting the embassy several times. Navigating to the passport section "speak to an operator" point results in a wierd dial tone followed by being disconnected.

Edit: Just tried again, the only time when I don't get disconnected is when the line is closed. The line is only open between 9 am and noon.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  5. Sorrow

Sorrow Member

Go to the Australian embassy and talk to them. That or contact the Australian number.

Got anyone in aus that can you send copy of birth cert. or anything?

6. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

A guarantor is required to endorse any sort of passport replacement/renewal/application.

With any luck you've got a copy of the biodata page from your passport there or with someone at home - that's a good start to getting a replacement from the embassy. At the very least, you're required to report that you've lost the thing.

7. Veefy

Veefy Member

They are probably flat out like a lizard drinking with dozens of Aussies over there for the Olympics keeping them occupied. Won't be suprised if you have to wait in line a while if you turn up there in person (which you need to do like yesterday)..

8. Taceo Corpus

Taceo Corpus Member

Were you not carrying additional passport photos and storing photocopies of your passport in each item of luggage? :confused: If you were, take that to the embassy with you, if not, just rock up ASAP and try and get it sorted out. Good luck.

9. OP
    OP
    elementalelf

elementalelf Member

Ran pretty good, finally got through to the embassy and my passport had been handed in about a month ago, cheers for the help guys

10. Taceo Corpus

Taceo Corpus Member

A MONTH? Were you just lazy in retrieving it, or did you not notice it was gone?!

11. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

LOL SEMESA :D:D:D