Low profile elbow fittings

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by Watchamacallit, Jan 11, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Watchamacallit

Watchamacallit Member

Yeah, without having one in hand and actually checking where what metal is where I would hestitate on them.

Gives them a strong reason to make an all brass V2- sure a bit bigger than the koolance, but at least an option for regular 90 rotaries.

2. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

Have you considered a non rotary fitting m-f? You'd have to play with washers/orings to get the orientation correct though, but they're usually very slim.

3. arasta

arasta Member

i took a look on the koolance site, which says new stock should be available from the 21st. unfortunately their shipping is extortionate - 108 US was the cheapest, from memory. so gotta wait for it to filter thru to vendors i guess.

4. argent

argent Member

Yeah that's the word for it. Extortionate.

5. OP
    OP
    Watchamacallit

Watchamacallit Member

Don't look at aquatuning then

It is weird the pricing Koolance have for shipping compared to other US based companies.

6. azz

azz Member

Barrow fittings are all brass with just nickel plating I'm sure. I have heaps in my build.

They have a right angle with a male thread that is only 27mm i think once screwed in. I have 2 ready for a gpu replacement in a Fractal Define mini.

The 1.5mm spacer doesnt really help alignment, I tried and due to the thread length and pitch, its almost pointless. They are actually designed for fittings that are too long on the thread and will cause issues with what they are screwing in to.

I found a good source for Barrow on Ebay, a guy in NSW and shipping was next day. Tech2nv.

Everytime I look at EK fittings I wonder why they are so huge...

argent likes this.
  7. argent

argent Member

Trying to find Tech2nv on ebay but can't seem to find it. Got a link to their store? Do they stock those low profile fittings?

8. azz

azz Member

argent likes this.
  9. argent

argent Member

Ahh I think you are referring to their standard 90 degree fitting that is non-rotatry. I have a bunch of those as well and they are an annoyance to have to double O-ring them when trying to get them at the correct angle.

I think the low profile fitting they are talking about above is a rotary one as below:
    upload_2021-2-9_13-9-59.png

Tech2nv doesn't seem to have these either from the looks of things unfortunately...

10. azz

azz Member

Ohh ok.

11. OP
    OP
    Watchamacallit

Watchamacallit Member

Ging showed these as a possible alternative to koolance's, but with the mention of aluminium and not being able to physically inspect one makes it challenging to determine if they're viable or not.

I've also tried contacting Koolance about their insane shipping costs from the US but no replies to my query.

12. argent

argent Member

You'd think that with a company like Barrow, they'd be savvy enough to know that if the aluminium is in contact with the coolant, then people will find that out really quickly....

13. uncle_jim

uncle_jim Member

Koolance low profile fittings are back in stock at PPCS, 80+ of the silver and 70+ of the black.

Postage is not great but better than from the EU.

14. OP
    OP
    Watchamacallit

Watchamacallit Member

Yeah, I PMed Agg about setting up an EOI for a potential group buy as I think there are a few people keen on getting a few.

15. argent

argent Member

I'm definitely in if it's those Koolance LP 90% ones :)