Luthier recommendation Sydney

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Cererus, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Cererus

Cererus Member

I've got a 70's strat that I've owned for the last 30 years, hasn't been touched for at least the last 10 years and is now more or less in pieces.
    I had a burst of enthusiasm about 2 years ago and got some gotoh tuners and a set of Sliders pickups on the advice of a bloke I used to work with who was a pretty handy player but then the whole project went back into the case due to other commitments.
    I want to get someone to reassemble it and get it set up properly, preferably inner Sydney suburbs or lower Northshore or Eastern Suburbs, potentially needs frets fixed.
    Any recommendations, prefer not to be intimidated by some dude who says stuff like "I used to be Jimmy Page's tech man" you need to buy xyz bits, I would prefer to keep it original as possible.

2. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

Is it a Fender? Sounds cool!
    I've taken guitars to Wild Horse Guitars in Surry Hills with good results. They're not luthiers specifically, but they know how to do good things, and they're familiar with vintage gear.

3. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

ive used this guy .. thought he was great
    http://www.alanrigg.com.au/

and hes inner sydney. very nice guy and very talkative and ran me through everything he saw with my guitar, not that i know much about guitars or playing them. i've since given up ahahaa

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  4. OP
    OP
    Cererus

Cererus Member

Thanks,
    Alan Rigg looks like the guy to take it to.