1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lynx GameDrive (multicart)

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by power, Jun 16, 2020.

1. power

power Member

RetroHQ are finally starting to ship their new multicart and she's a doozy. It looks awesome and I can't wait.

I know during the wait I bought an AgaCart, which I quite like and not to be left out BennVenn (maker of a couple of screen mods) got in on the craze and has a cart coming too.

Good time to be a Lynx fan/owner.

Pre-orders and discussions are all pretty much on the Atari Age forums.

https://atariage.com/forums/forum/13-atari-lynx/

flain and elvis like this.
  2. flain

flain Member

I love how the entire library of Lynx games is under 20MB but the smallest microSD card is 1GB, and realistically no ones buying anything smaller than 8GB these days :)

I must say though i did own a lynx and was impressed at how small/thin physically the carts were at the time.

3. Vanne

Vanne Member

I bought a lynx, purely for Rygar.. at the time anyways.. nfi what happened to it.. sucked up in the same black hole as my game gear no doubt.. loved the lynx.. and it runs Xybots.. so much goodness...

edit:

just been watching versions of Rygar on the various systems available.. holy shit we got ripped off with our c-64 version, that sucked bad.. bad wow, how amazing was the x68k version.. unbelievable.. the lynx version is pretty good too.

sorry, that might have been slightly off topic.. loved rygar.. wore the buttons out on my lynx from that game... and I thought it was so close to the arcade.. lol
    Great to see these carts being developt. Will hopefully bring more kids to the lynx.. might even pick one up myself again.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  4. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

omg i played SO MUCH Rygar on my Lynx back in the day. I had a small collection back then but lucked out with a bunch of great stuff. California Games (obs), Rygar, Toki, Viking Child, Electrocop, Blue Lightning probably my faves - a very under rated console.

it's happening, first round of pre-orders are being filled.

5. Daft_Munt

Daft_Munt Member

I havent heard that game mentioned in decades. Unfortunately I didnt play it much.

6. OP
    OP
    power

power Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Grant likes this.