1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

M.2 SATA SSD not showing in X-570 build..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by anthonyl, Mar 22, 2022.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

My son just installed a new Gigabyte X-570 Aorus Master board in his PC and he has an M.2 SSD drive (the one with 2 key slots in it) and installed it in the 2nd bay bay from the CPU. All his other drives show up (1 x M.2 NVME and 2 SSD drives) but not this one. Its not showing in the BIOS and not in Windows disk management either. Can anyone please help as it has all his folders and files on. Thank you!

All the slots on the board only have one key slot for M.2 drives but i didn't think this made any difference if you put a 2 key slot drive in or have i got this wrong?

EDIT: I think I found the problem. The drive bay we put it in only supports PCIE drives not SATA.

We had it in the slot that doesn't support M.2 SSD drives...typical noob mistake lol The M2B_SB that only supports PCIe drives... not SATA drives... Have swapped it to another slot and it shows up now!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    vladtepes, nCrypt and Groff like this.
  2. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

That was gonna be my suggestion :)