Maccas Breakfast...... Ruined

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by davidcarney21, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Stone2x

Stone2x Member

That was the obvious choice and what we used but they taste nothing like the Macca's cheese.

2. bb7_rider

bb7_rider Member

This. :lol:

3. bsbozzy

bsbozzy Member

Hmm, the website still has beef for both sausage and s/e muffins. Not that I care, Bacon and Egg roll FTW.

4. Beagle

Beagle Member

wtf is everyone going about, nothings changed at our stores.

5. xxxxxx

xxxxxx (Banned or Deleted)

the only good thing about maccas breakfasts is that after one you do very manly smelly shits.

6. OP
    OP
    davidcarney21

davidcarney21 Member

yeah i spoke to my brother today , he works at sylvania maccas , they have chosen select stores in sydney to trial it at , and ask that you provide them feedback on thier site , it affects anything with a sausage patty in it , sausage muffin , sausage and egg , brekkie roll etc.

so far i have seen it at kirrawee where i originally , and sylvania where my bro works.

its terrible... :thumbdn::thumbdn:

7. mrhunnybunny

mrhunnybunny Member

when did this travesty start?

I loved the maccas sausage patty, - it was bit like the sausage patties you get in America which I always loved

that weirdness was the reason I liked it -

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  8. fabricator

fabricator Member

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/homestyle/04/17/copycat.foods/

hahaha, nice one Burger King aka Hungry Jacks.

9. cwisfa

cwisfa Member

The thread needs a poll :p

Sausage and egg is so much better, even if it does taste like pepper and soap :thumbup:

... and like a lot of people here, if it changes and tastes terrible, there will be nothing I'll want from the Maccas breakfast menu D:

10. Copie

Copie Member

NEGATIVE NEGATIVE

Either a Bacon and Egg Roll, or Hotcakes with an icecream cone.

/thread.

11. T101

T101 Member

I'm astounded by all the, Is it Halal? ...

sorry ...but Halal is redundant in Western Culture. Who gives a flying toss if Macas or Portos are under the Laws of Allah, have blood or contain pork. This is pretty silly, in some cases animals are bled to death and this can cause a lot more suffering to the animal then the good technological slaughterhouse. I'm not saying new methods are better and I'm not saying Halal is bettery, but what I am saying is they both inflict pain and suffering to a point Halal being no more moral and at times much slower.

I think we need to worry more about deforestation and the environmental impact of livestock on the globus than the books written by people from the time that had no clue about these concepts.

ch33rio

12. doug81

doug81 Member

sausage and cheese mcmuffin - my old nemesis! I loved it once, too deeply I'm afraid. Now that I can't digest dairy proteins it taunts me, every morning from 6am to 10:30am. I've tried it's retarded cousin the sausage and egg, and even cheeseless sausage mcmuffin doesn't do it for me. I need the sweet taste of cheap cheese with cheap sausage on a cheap muffin. Now I hear that the "great maker" has stripped it of it's powerful flavours, I may rest again, for a short time only....

13. PooJou

PooJou Member

They use pork patties in hongkong - i really really dont like them at all - much prefer the beef ones.

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nothing better than dipping a sausage into a running egg.

15. mrs dan77

mrs dan77 Member

I used to be a Maccas manager. You'd sell muffins at a rate of approx 7 bacon : 3 s/e : 2 plain sausage. So, clearly bacon is the big winner!

When they trialled their new fish patties 4 years ago, they did it in only 5 (or was it 19?) stores across the country, IIRC. They were slightly more 'fishy' in flavour and became a part of the reg menu for everybody. Specific stores just get a different product, and the rest keep on going with what they have had all along.

On shift one day a muslim guy asked me what bacon tasted like. Poor kid - he was working on grill and smelling it cook for hours on end, and going home covered in bacon grease!

16. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Yes but if you're
    a) at home
    b) getting all the shit out to cook it yourself
    c) cooking it
    d) cleaning up afterwards

Then clearly you're not in a position where you'd be ordering maccas breakfast.

I tend to stick with hash browns and coffee so dont think i run too much risk of stumbling across mcdonalds pork. I dont think that's a meat that i trust them with.

17. Meowrrr

Meowrrr Member

I believe they were asking in the context that the real (beef) sausage patty would persist in the halal stores.

18. Mercyful

Mercyful Member

dont like pork my self what they used to have worked welll

19. bobdobbs

bobdobbs Member

Hrmm pork doesn't sound very nice.. do they have the massive mc muffin or bacon and egg bagels in aus yet? soo good mmm

20. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I always thought it was pork sausage? It's beef sausage is it? What exactly is the difference between hamburger and sausage when you're using beef?