macro bicycle - Wilier Cento & Campy Record

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by ekynox, May 20, 2009.

1. ekynox

ekynox Member

Continuing on from my previous post on macro bicycle parts today I was at the shop photographing a mate's Wilier Cento bike with Campag Record.

Didn't use any flash etc as I don't own that gear just used whatever light was present which meant taking alot of shots on the tripod with remote.

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

4)
    [​IMG]

5)
    [​IMG]

6)
    [​IMG]

7)
    [​IMG]

8)
    [​IMG]

2. scon

scon Member

I like the first shot most. I'm not so much into bike brands, so alot of the other shots dont do a whole lot for me as they focus on the brand as being the most interesting part of the shot, rather than the item itself.

I quite like the contrasting textures in the first shot tho. And the balance of the geometric designs of six pleases me too.

3. icarus_m

icarus_m Member

I agree with Scon, although I didn't realise it till I read his post lol
    While I get the bling value of the components posted, I would have liked it if the brands weren't the focus of the pictures.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  4. OP
    OP
    ekynox

ekynox Member

thanks for your feedback guys. I will be honest when did take these images I had the brand in mind. I hear what you are saying. As a fellow cyclist, I just love cycling brand names, especially if its Italian :)

Next time when I get access to this bike, I will redo a few of the images and will put more emphasis on the contours or geometry of the bike itself as per the suggestions made. :)

once again thanks for looking.

edit:
    Alot of people who have seen #1 have really enjoyed it. I still can't figure out why some folks are really digging it.

5. teegman

teegman Member

Personally I love the texture and colour of the grease on steel, gritty and raw with a subtle 'terminator' feel to it, haha. Nice work!

6. scon

scon Member

Yeah, #1 is all about contrasting textures, you've got cloth, grease and worn steel, plus a pleasing geometrical pattern - works.