MAD MAX TRIBUTE CASE MOD PC BUILD

Discussion in 'Modding Worklogs' started by mnpctech, May 17, 2018.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech Member

[​IMG]

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year. If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features.

[​IMG]

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, http://www.libertyclassics.com/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here, https://twitter.com/Mnpctech/status/992023385818492928

[​IMG]

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

[​IMG]

I will be fabricating a new engine scoop to emulate Max's Scott Injector Scoop and painting everything dark grey.

schmoove and Reins like this.
  2. mad_mic3

mad_mic3 Member

sweet as:)

3. nope

nope Member

WHITNESSED

4. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Hey guys, Thank you for checking in and posting!

If anyone's interested, my DIY guide on using hole saw to improve airflow in a plastic PC bezel,

I cut this opening in the Equilence bezel with a Jigsaw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. nope

nope Member

you look exactly how i thought a ocau'r would look ;)

mnpctech likes this.
  6. /invariance\

/invariance\ Member

Oh boy, this is going to be good.

7. havabeer

havabeer Member

you can get those silly things that plug into your cars cigarette lighter that sends a signal to the radio to make it play a beefy exhaust noise through the speakers, wonder if you could hook one up to a fan speed controller?

8. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Thanks for tuning in guys!

haha, havabeer, that would be hil-larious, but I'd wanna hear that super charger spool!

oh, and no RGBs will be used in this build (lol)

[​IMG]

9. GhostXiX

GhostXiX Member

lol 'leave the Gasoline, But take the hard tubing mods with you.' :lol::lol:

Defyant likes this.
  10. Defyant

Defyant Member

You lost me bill.

11. GhostXiX

GhostXiX Member

i don't think RGB mod will go well with this case mod.
    it should be something dark and metallic.
    mixed with chrome and rust.....

12. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Shes the last of the v8s, she suck nitro, phase 4 head, twin overhead cam, 600hp through the wheels.

13. havabeer

havabeer Member

please put this picture at the top of the first post

14. GhostXiX

GhostXiX Member

from the original movie, there is a nice scene where you can get the sound off of that B&W roots blower spooling up.
    just after the scene where Dave has posted.
    if i remember the movie correctly.

15. GhostXiX

GhostXiX Member

or in the 2nd movie just before the wrecking of that interceptor.
    when he tries to run away from the mob.

16. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Oh boy this one should be sweet. Big Mad Max fan here.

17. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

haha, thanks for tuning in guys! Had opportunity to get back into the workshop yesterday and make some progress on my Mad Max / Road Warrior / Fury Road tribute PC build. I've decided to locate the V8 to the top panel. I'm going to mock up a 120mm slim radiator to see how it looks in front of the V8 engine and bezel. Hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe a 80mm radiator would be better scale? I still need to fabricate the proper diamond blower for the engine. The Enermax Equilence case lacks a vertical GPU mount, so I've modified the chassis for this compact ITX/MATX vertical GPU bracket, https://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gami...-mounting-bracket-black-requires-cutting.html It's mounted on aluminum diamond plate, painted matte black. Here's a photo I found of the Falcon XB from the Fury Road movie before some stages I captured of my progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

[​IMG]

That's location for the GPU with this do-it-yourself vertical mount. The final GPU will have water block.

[​IMG]

Next stage is modifying the top rear portion of the Enermax Equilence case to hold two water reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks on the falcon XB.

19. Defyant

Defyant Member

Fantastic start Bill, will there be room for a Defyant Style custom NOS res :D

20. Vanne

Vanne Member

LOVE IT!!!!:leet: