MAD MAX TRIBUTE CASE MOD PC BUILD

Discussion in 'Modding Worklogs' started by mnpctech, May 17, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Defyant, thank you for kind offer! I've already got my case cut and reservoir layout, but if I discover new scenario for 3rd res, I'll let ya know!

Vanne, thanks for checking!

To emulate the rear fuel tanks in the Falcon XB, I'll be using EK-RES X3 150mm reservoirs. btw, these photos are stills from video I'm making of the entire build, once it finished for my YT channel, https://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterMawd

I'm wondering if I can use clips from the movie without audio in my video? no clue...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Do you guys recall the Red pull switch on Max's stick shift for his Supercharger? I thought it would be fun to somehow implement it into my Mad Max tribute build. The switch is used in commercial vehicles for controlling a two-speed axle assembly. I found it on Ebay as Cole Hersee part number 50036-BX.

[​IMG]

3. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

is this going to be your power button or something ?

4. havabeer

havabeer Member

or use it as the one touch button for overclocking (like the old "turbo" days of the 90's) smash the big red button and overclocks a plenty... basically acts like a supercharger

5. warrenr

warrenr Member

2 stage fan control? Would be cool hitting the button and the fans kick in

6. Defyant

Defyant Member

Looking good bill.:thumbup:They remind me of the old Storm'D tanks .What will you do with those edges?

Was in humor :D pretty sure that old NOS res went to the tip with the rest of HP4 :thumbup:

7. Deano_20802

Deano_20802 Member

I'm keen to see what you use the button for, there's some great ideas posted.

Looking great mate, a very exciting build combining my love of PC tech and gaming with my love of everything petrol based!

8. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Defyant, ohhh, gotcha... yeah, these PC build tend to consume storage space when the hardware gets dated. I need to purge some old empty cases I've gutted from my space soon

deano, it's been on my bucketlist for builds!

btw, What do you guys use for cutting small holes? I made this little guide for Step Drill Bits yesterday, great for DIY routing tubing

I also found Max's Falcon rim in web search attached Nikko Toyota HiLux 4WD R/C truck, but I'll check the R/C Hobby Stores

[​IMG]

Our scale V8 sitting next to Black ICE GTX 80mm radiator. This morning I found 36mm thick 80mm radiator online shown below. Suppose Flex tube loop would be appropriate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deano_20802 likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

the Black Ice Nemesis GTX 80mm radiator maybne winning me over, even tho it's not scale appropriate like that generic radiator.Also allows options for compression fittings, versus welded ports. Mounted the classic aluminum framed Evercool 80mm fan. I'll probably paint the fan dark grey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Defyant

Defyant Member

Nice stuff Bill , i still got a bunch of those old evercool fans from back in the HP 1 days :D They are classics that solid alloy frame is awsome and perfect for the mod :thumbup::thumbup:

11. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Ive got a dozen of the 60mm version, new in box, if you or anyone else cant find them, but why would anyone ever need or want one?! LOL

I'm going to cut the top panel again and rotate the 80mm radiator 90 degrees, so the radiator is no longer protruding so high. I stumbled upon this hydraulic shock in my junk drawer and used it as support for the scale engine. I may replace it with something else if/when it feels right. btw, the supercharger in the movie could be turned on and off via an electrical switch, which isnt true in reality. They elevated the supercharger upon brackets over the engine with an electric motor, haha. The photo below illustrates the same electric supercharger setup as the movie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Defyant

Defyant Member

For my Great Wall Of FanS :thumbup: :D

Love the update , strut works in well with the theme :)

13. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Defyant is building a Wall of His Fans!

I might fabricate a hood as well. I made scale vette stingray cowl duct hood in 2005 with sheet metal and body filler

[​IMG]

Yesterday I cut the top panel further so I could rotate the 80mm radiator onto it's side. It just protruded too much. I want the supercharger and blower to be more of the focal point, just a little OCD? maybe... haha

[​IMG]

14. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

The Max mod is consuming my bench space, haha. Last night I cut opening in the 5.25 bay to route the tubing from the 80mm radiator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

Defyant likes this.
  16. Defyant

Defyant Member

Your bringing back some very cool old skool modding memories :D :thumbup:

17. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

just wait till I break out the Cold Cathodes for Lighting! (j/k)

Fabbed a mounting bracket from 20 gauge steel for the 80mm radiator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

this is for whoever asked if I keep the factory fans I remove from cases... This is just personal inventory at the workshop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. project smokey

project smokey Member

20. OP
    OP
    mnpctech

mnpctech Member

rad specs, http://hardwarelabs.com/nemesis/micro/m80gtx/

As promised, I'm ditching the scoop on the scale V8 and making the Scott Superslot fuel injector scoop from Max's V8. I started by makingthe top and bottom portions from acrylic, but getting the 45 angle degree bend from acrylic is "challenging" without the acrylic warping. I ditched that idea and made another bottom half from 20 gauge sheet metal. Which reminded me I really need a new bending brake. The two pieces are joined together with Scotchweld DP-190 epoxy. I need to make the base next, and maybe add the fuel lines.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]