Magic the gathering - thinking about getting into it again

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by shiny1, Nov 14, 2006.

1. ctn

ctn Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread.

Does anyone know if there's any shops in Sydney that buys expensive MTG rares?

2. xtortion

xtortion Member

Let me buy your Force of Will's ;)

I've always used blue since I started playing. I have a set but wouldn't mind another. :p

3. echelon6

echelon6 Member

4. ctn

ctn Member

If anyone is after MTG cards, let me know.

I have a ton of expensive rares.

5. mcwang

mcwang Member

Anyone here play at the Brisbane FNM @ Ace Comics at Annerly on Friday night or City on Saturday noon?

just wondering if any of my fellow players visit OCAU :)

Saturday crowd is more close-knit so you make lots of friends easily

6. Swathe

Swathe (Banned or Deleted)

Lol i used to have 6 Force of Will before I sold my collection. I started playing just a revised was released. I still have like 5000 cards under the house, I just sold all my rares and most of the uncommons. Such an adictive game, I have turned over 1000's in buying and selling, close to 20k I would reckon (no exaggeration, I had moxes, time walks etc)

7. Jarrah

Jarrah Member

Sorry to necro, but does anyone have any bulk lots of card they are looking to sell? Please PM/email me

Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  8. VeeK

VeeK Member

Is it just me or is MTG becoming more and more popular lately?

Even I've started playing :lol:

What sort of cards were you after?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  9. joe_sixpack

joe_sixpack Member

I got this game on the iPad, it's alright for a different sort of game. Can be extremely frustrating when your opponent keeps pulling out BS cards all the time and you get owned within a few turns. :thumbdn:

Not sure if the AI has got some special handicap system but they get friggin good cards all the time.

10. bobbth

bobbth Member

you need to play this game against someone who plays competitively, a whole new world of frustrating. My house mate is a serious player and as a semi casual player I swear I'm brought to tears playing him.

11. OP
    OP
    shiny1

shiny1 Member

Competitive players have lame boring-ass decks. I have 2 decks built on winning very early (turn 2, 3 or 4 max). Once the engine is out, it's game over. Hit hard for over 20 life. My friend has 2 decks like that too. To me, it's not fun to play against. It might be fun to use, but I prefer a casual wear-down game play. Aggro vs aggro decks bring out a lot of fun in my opinion.

Shit deck vs shit deck = (generally) more fun than top tier deck vs top tier deck in my experience.

12. bobbth

bobbth Member

dependes on the mode: Leagacy/vintage is horrible (or fun if you're into that) and consists of mostly 1,2 or 3 turn wins
    EDH/Commander requires ~$250 in dual lands but can be awesome *or* gay depending on how it's played
    Modern is still a lot like legacy/Vintage with massively overpowered decks
    Standard at the moment is ok after ravnica, pre rotation it was pretty awesome with lots of unique decks doing well but post ravnica it is still very hard to beat a RDW deck.
    Pauper is broken largely but Pauper-Standard is very cool at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  13. Queenie

Queenie Member

best formats:

limited, and edh.

Though edh/commander really depends on your playgroup. Ours is filled with people who hate combo decks and going off, shit like vorinclex and the like, and thus people's decks are more tuned to edging ahead 'politically' rather than dropping a monster piece and being all GG guys.

we have also banned capsize.

14. Villa

Villa Member

Hi guys does anyone here play MTG Online? How have you found it? Also, how the foreign currency exchange thing works if you're using a Debit Mastercard?Credit card? Are there exchange fees for every transaction?

And how much does it cost to enter a limited draft comp, and do you get to keep the cards after? =)

Cheers!

EDIT: Also, will 'Planeswalkers' ever go away? Far out I don't like that mechanic.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  15. mankeyjamie

mankeyjamie Member

Now i know alot of people play MTG so out of interest does anyone have a "Huntmaster of the Fells" that they would be willing to sell/trade? I bought 1 when they first come out for like $5 and i checked now and they are like $30+ which i kinda dont want to pay.

It's a red/green creature from Dark Ascension set

P.S. probably should post in buy/sell area

16. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Hey guys,

Giving this a big bump :)

I've been playing this for quite a while now.

Loving it so far, and looking for others to discuss game play/cards with, and possibly trade. :)

PS, currently looking to get my hands on Black Vampires/Greens spiders with reach/death touch/Any other black/green creature with reach/deathtouch/flying.

Cheers

17. neRok

neRok Member

Cant remember what it was called, but early last year I went to the local card shop a few times on Friday night. Everyone got 6 booster packs and you could use the shops lands to make a deck. They played 3 or 4 rounds I think, took ~ 3 hours, and the top players got some good prizes. Cost 15 from memory. Was pretty good.

18. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

They have something like that in Albury. But it costs a good deal more for a build like that...

For any that are interested, I have a list of cards I'm trying to track down...If you have some you're willing to part with, please feel free to message me.

Cheers

Ambush Viper X3 ?
    Glissa, the Traitor X3 ?
    Grave Titan X1
    Kessig Recluse X2
    Typhoid Rats X4
    Vengeful Pharaoh X3
    Wurmcoil Engine X2
    Farseek X3
    Prey Upon X4
    Bladed Pinions X2
    Viridian Claw X3
    Accidic Slime X2
    Deadly Allure X2
    Lure X3

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  19. pongie

pongie Member

Use pucatrade.com, trading is a lot easier. Just send cards for points and people will start sending you cards

20. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Cheers

Will definitely be using that! :)