Malaysia Airlines - How we lookin'?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by JustHarry, Oct 2, 2019.

1. broccoli

broccoli Member

I'm sure that's right, but I have visions of huge burgers swimming in cheese..... Fatty mcfat globules everywhere and not many veggies that haven't been tortured.

2. Zee

Zee Member

BWahahahah! Well, old school US of A, yeah. But California, for example, is stupidly health conscious, and there are many excellent food options. I've spent a lot of time around the Bay Area (San Francisco), the food options are excellent. In fact, it's where I convinced my partner that sushi and sashimi are delicious, and she's now more of a sashimi snob than I am.

San Diego, NYC, even Salt Lake City... I've always found a plethora of sensational food options.

As I said, it's much like Aus, if you're in the right place in a big city or even a reasonably sized town, there's plenty to sample.

If you're ever heading tot he US, and it's to a place I've been to, I'll point you in all the right directions.

Z...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    firey4059 likes this.
  3. broccoli

broccoli Member

Only in my imagination, I'll never get to go anywhere.

4. Zee

Zee Member

Never say never!

Z...

5. wwwww

wwwww Member

There’s always Google Earth.

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

I try to stay away from google :D I'm doomed. :D

7. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

I frequently slum it on Air Asia X and like it so MA cant be any worse than them

firey4059 likes this.
  8. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

I flew Lion Air under the banner of Thai Lion Air before the disaster, and i thought the same, can't be any worse then Air Asia...

9. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

I prefer Nok air, i like their recruitment policies
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/nok-air-flight-attendants_n_2821988

God forbid if i ever get in control of an airline, all FAs will be hookers and dont get paid wages :p

Zee and firey4059 like this.
  10. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

Haha you dirty buger, love it.

Dont think I could fly Nok Air without the risk of divorce, again...

Gotta say Air Asia has no shortage of stunners Thailand.

Qantas goes for the polar opposite...

11. wwwww

wwwww Member

Qantas flight attendants might not look as attractive but they're older and more experienced and can service you in ways Nok Air's girls can't even think about.

Raptor_Eye likes this.
  12. Zee

Zee Member

I remember a Lion air flight to Monado (Indonesia) few years back during a huge storm. I had the seat opposite the jump seats. The flight attendant was stunningly hot with sensational boobies, I remember thinking that if we were to go down, at least I'd be happy with the last thing I was going to see.

Speaking of super hot... Adria. That is all.

Z...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Raptor_Eye likes this.
  13. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

I've flown with air Asia x quite a lot and I've flown with MA once (two legs).

I found the quality of service, the plane and the food of air Asia x to be streets ahead of MA.
    There was nothing wrong with MA as such, but for the added cost of flying with MA I guess i expected more.
    Probably my biggest complaint with the MA flight is that a 737 is a little cramped for KL to Perth.

My baseline for shitty airlines is jetstar.
    I flew with them from Perth to Adelaide.
    The tight fuckers didn't even have a pocket on the back of the seat in front.
    How fucking cheap is that?

JSmithDTV and firey4059 like this.
  14. broccoli

broccoli Member

where were the sick bags?

firey4059 likes this.
  15. looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

Dunno.

16. doug81

doug81 Member

Have booked flights from SGN to MEL arriving Xmas Day and SGN to ADL arriving NYE, both on MA as it was pretty much as cheap as booking with Air Asia once you add in the luggage (and avoiding Avalon is a nice bonus!). Closest was Jetstar, but tend to avoid where possible. FYI, https://www.flightconnections.com/ is a really good tool for finding out which airlines fly between which destinations when you're doing flight research, but I'd book directly on the airlines website as it tends to be cheapest anyway...

nav and Raptor_Eye like this.
  17. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

AAX is worth it when you book seperate tickets for each leg of the journey when they have a promo and do carry on only. Ive gotten from Chiang mai to Sydney for $135 doing this method, my tickets didnt even pay for the fuel cost for my seat. Horses for courses though, i realise with a family missing a flight with no support from the airline can be stressful and expensive

doug81 likes this.
  18. mtma

mtma Member

The persons seated fore.

19. doug81

doug81 Member

Nice score! Yeah, we travelled heaps around Asia on them for like a year without much of a planned itinerary - they can't be beat for 1-way options, and I honestly rate their in-flight food pretty highly even though you're buying it. When it's a return flight to a single destination the difference shrinks, but it's still pretty good if you've only got carry-on. The Avalon airport kills it for Melbourne though if you've got a connecting flight in Tulla...

20. Zee

Zee Member

Agreed. Absolute last option for me. I remember flying to Singapore many years ago with Jetstar from Manila. Canned drinks on board were $1. Next leg was to Aus - magically, canned drinks are now $4. FU!!!

Generally been happy with AA/AAX, though I have had one screw up with them. Landed in KL about 6am, and my flight to Monado (this actually relates to my Lion Air flight above) due at 3pm. I decided to head in to KL from the then LCCT (old one, not the new one). roamed the streets eating and getting foot massages until I thought I should head back to the Airport (it was still early, about 11:15, but figured I was bored anyway). Got back to the airport about 12:15, and checked the board. They still had the old flippy board, and out of the corner of my eye, saw my flight number and "departed"...

I sat there for a while, watching it flip, but my flight did not appear at it's scheduled time, so went to the ticket office. turns out, they decided to leave early (for whatever reason), without seeing fit to text/email/call... Ended up putting me on a flight to Jakarta, from where I was on my own way to Monado, and on to my booked dive resort (was quite a story in itself, actually), anyway, at least they did not try and argue that I should have been there earlier, the guy just nodded his head and told me my options.

They are fine if I'm solo-ing, as I can generally deal pretty well with most travel catastrophe situations, with my partner, it's harder, as she gets stressed quite easily, with the kids...

Based on their ads, I often call them "Nookie Air"...

Z...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020 at 10:37 PM