1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marantz NR1711 fused cable?

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by Sledge, May 27, 2021.

1. Sledge

Sledge Member

2. paulvk

paulvk Member

Yes a normal AU is ok , the UK standard is a fused plug.

Sledge likes this.
  3. Technics

Technics Member

You can be either replace the cable or use an adaptor. You don't need to retain the fuse. It comes with a fused cable because all UK appliances are required to have a fuse in the mains plug itself to comply with their regulations. I'd expect an AVR to still have the same internal fuses as those sold outside of the UK market.

Typically the fuse in the UK plug will be either 13A or 3A rated but the device will have a fuse more suited to it's actual requirements. This arrangement technically safer because a short in the cable (as well as the device itself) would blow the fuse but it's not a requirement in other markets and the word outside of Old Blighty hasn't burned to the ground. They also do odd things like ring mains so I wouldn't worry too much about it and don't get me started on them having fire doors everywhere.

Sledge likes this.