Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 16, 2015.

1. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Your attitude tells me you havent been 'gaming' since the original Doom, maybe just played it. So what. Most people here are from the same era. My first PC game was Wolfenstein 3D. Does that mean i win? Does that mean i know more than you off the bat now? Of course it doesnt.

Besides, you are only emphasising my point. You havent tried anything for yourself. Your leg to stand on is the constant referral to the shit animations. Something you read online and in this thread, and therefore basing your whole argument off that. Something we have already acknowledged exists and have accepted probably isnt fixable. Look anywhere online you say. That's literally all you have done. Yeah animations are pretty bad compared to the original trilogy. But the rest of the gameplay makes up for it. Key word "gameplay". The part we as gamers actually control and immerse with and ultimately base our opinion off. If i judged my opinion of games solely off the parts i can see without considering the real reason we play, the interaction, well i'd be just as bad as someone shouting fail and condemning a title from a couple of vids they saw and read online. Like you for example.

If a facial expression and character model was the only thing i wanted out of a game, well i wouldnt need games. We call those movies. And they feauture super realistic looking charactets and animations. Most of the time ;) not to mention Ultimate Doom and Doom II are installed on every device i own i still love them that much. And they literally define the word 'dated'. But they are super fun to PLAY.

If someone was to play Andromeda, and the bad animations were just too much to handle and ruined their experience and interaction, thats fine too. That is not the argument here. Each their own. It is not for everyone. But you arent one of those people. Quit pretending.

2. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

What I'm asking is why you're tolerating this "quality" given the possible $300-600million gross?
    How does that make sense anymore?
    The gross takings on blockbusters are HUGE these days, so i hardly think it unreasonable for devs to increase the budget.

3. japes

japes Member

You keep asking questions but not answering them.

We're playing it. You've probably watched a couple of select videos doing the rounds and read an edgy review and think you know whats up.

The game really isn't as unpolished as you think it is.

4. iNoob

iNoob Member

Bruh, look who you're talking too.

Real Name
    Aussie Batman

Interests
    Truth

Tried to get an early one out of work for this tomorrow, no avail :upset:. Hopefully not too many people are trying to pickup their copies from JB tomorrow morning.

5. power

power Member

One can look online and see all kinds of crappy things, even the mighty Zelda BOTW has some awesome glitch videos.

I'm not defending ME:A but I'm not willing to judge until I've experienced it for myself - the 3 games for me have built enough goodwill that I'm willing to go out on a limb and just buy this base on that.

6. japes

japes Member

Yeah I know, xXEdgelordXx.

FYI for those picking up physical copies, PC doesn't come with a disc, just the key/extras.

7. power

power Member

yeah it's pretty crap there's only a key - I hope JB and other stores realise that unless they undercut key sellers us physical buyers will stop shopping with them and they make the appropriate noises to put the media back.

8. havabeer

havabeer Member

oh god its this guy again, what game where you sooking about last time? can't remember if it was fallout 4 or doom 4. you must really be a fun guy at parties.

NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO PARTY ANYMORE, I'VE BEEN SAYING IT SINCE MY 16th, DIFFERENT MUSIC, AVERAGE GIRLS... IT NEEDS TO BE BETTER FOR ME TO ENJOY IT AND THE HOST SHOULD CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS AS I CHIPPED IN A 6 PACK OF LIGHT BEER, neanwhile everyone else is drunk, having fun and making out

games aren't perfect, never have been, never will be, its all just an opinion. its like what you honestly expect everyone in the world to just not buy this game (or any of your select others) just to rub the loss of income the companies face in the hopes they'll make something better next time.

9. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

You guys are ignoring reality...
    The gaming market is huge now as is the gross for most AAAs, yet some bean counter presumably thought it clever to allow botched gpx to slide in a greedy and pathetic bid to save a few bickies despite the context of the gaming market today.

How the fuck is this practice acceptable?

10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

why the fuck are you still here?

11. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

That's sort of where my mind is at, First 3 are memorable favs so I'll drop the cash on this one if only for nostalgia.

Haven't played it or watched much videos other then a few trailers and TBH the first 3 where far from perfect but I loved them anyways.

When I think about it most of my favorite games were all buggy heaps of shit but it all comes down to how much enjoyment you get.

12. japes

japes Member

You've ignored my question repeatedly.

Have you played Mass Effect: Andromeda?

13. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

The better question is why are you protecting this game?

14. japes

japes Member

That's a no then.

If you actually read the thread you would probably see I haven't:

This has all since been patched thankfully.

Still an issue.

Then there's your contributions to the thread, plus all the garbage from today, and you haven't spent a minute in the game.

How about trialing it and forming your own opinions/conclusions. Or is that too difficult and/or not edgy enough for you?

The only question you should be asking "Why the fuck am I bothering with this thread?", and it's not the kind of question you type on a forum. You think it and then browse elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  15. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

haha of course he hasnt. he's made a big enough idiot of himself already, we dont need to keep doing it for him anymore.

16. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Cause most of us played the trial and felt that the game is acceptable. It's not going to be perfect but it was fun.

You havent played it at all. :rolleyes:

We don't have to defend the game. Most of the fellas here are probably preloading right now.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  17. Ck21

Ck21 Member

for me;

ME1, gameplay sucked (mako/inventory mangement, level layouts, cant snipe down ramps) but overall story was pretty good, enough to bring upto average for me.

ME2, over 295hours played, best corridor shooter ive ever played, story was top notch, multiple playthroughs, only 2 downsides, femshep couldnt bang miranda and damn planet scanning.

ME3, just shy of 190hrs played, That ending... wtf where they thinking.... the prothean dlc was crucial to making ME3 make sense, should of been in the base game. 3 downsides dlc fiasco, ending and fucking ashley (I wanted miranda)

I really want to play ME:A, but origin is still a pre-beta POS. its now ticked over to the 22nd (in the US), and it still wont launch the game, tried every trick in the book, no dice. So put in for a refund.

Seems the only people who can play atm are: origin access members and people who purchased in singapore, its broken for every other "region".

Will put some money in my sisters account tomorrow, and get her to go down to jb hifi and pick it up for $59 and tell me the code over the phone on saturday (should be 23rd for US, so should be unlocked everywhere and it should *work*) for some reason it cost me $78 for standard after US>AU conversion))

18. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Just waiting for 9pm my time. That's when it unlocks ;) 3 more hrs yeah boy

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

yeah boi! hoping a patch will fix it.

20. japes

japes Member

I just asked Live Chat for a trial extension, only multi'ing so no difference :thumbup: