Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 16, 2015.

1. SpaceFrog

SpaceFrog Member

Unlocked via VPN last night, played for about 5 hours, taking an hour to customise the appearance of the 2 Ryders.

My eyeball breaks through my right eyelid when I blink.

For anyone who feels this is game breaking.... I'm sorry you feel that way. But the reason I love this franchise so much is the immerision into a sci-fi fantasy world that centers around me.

Its a wonderful escape from IRL. The visuals are only 1 part of the illusion. Music, Story, Characters, Exploration and Decision Tree all come together to create something unique.

The original trilogy was an epic length choose your own adventure. I cannot even fathom the amount of man hours involved in producing all the alternate choices in that game.

If graphics and animation had to take a back seat to complete the story choices then I'm OK with that.

Has anyone got any tips for the Apex app? I bought a 2nd strike team, and just keep sending them on any low difficulty mission when they're off cooldown. I'm failing more than I'm suceeding.

2. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I think I will make the most ridiculous looking ryder possible. :lol:

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

for the most part i've always stuck with the default models. it kinda looks weird when your character is non-caucasian when your parents are caucasian.

4. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Actually interesting thing, i made a custom male Ryder and it changed Alec's model. The default had a beard, this time he didnt.

Made my Black Widow again soon as i could, and found a Revenant assault rifle in a strike box so im geared well, but i have a +61% cooldown haha. Biotic charge/singularity/throw, combat is awesome

Edit: on the Apex app, yeah its fuln random success rate. No real tips, just keep trying. Ive failed 80% bronze missions and passed 40% silvers, so who knows

5. Uchuujin-san

Uchuujin-san Member

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the Alec in my game was all grizzled with a 5 o'clock shadow...probably cos i chose the default model.

7. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I've been interested pre-release. I've been far too busy so I'm not in a rush but I'm definitely keen to give this a try. Not sure on the general consensus yet, I better read up now I suppose.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it's good, that's all you need to know hahaha.

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

10. japes

japes Member

Kind of an obscure side question:

Did anyone get ME3 or earlier 'legacy' boosters in multiplayer if they owned previous series titles? A couple of my friends did, I heard about them elsewhere, but I can't find anything written about them anywhere.

I'm actually seeing better numbers than those on my system, but it's likely very dependent on where you're testing and they've likely gone for a brutal area. Also running a later driver, 378.92, but didn't notice any significant difference.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  11. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Just finished the first vault and set up an outpost. Animations aside...this game is fucking cool man. Im loving it.

Edit: yep got me3 legacy crates for mp use. You also get dragon age ones if you played

12. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

Yes, I did.

Also Nvidia have their MEA driver out now.
    Also update game on PC as there is a patch out today.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

pc patch? where?

14. japes

japes Member

Probably automatically updated, wasn't large.

Do you remember what it was called? Someone said it's called a Mass Effect Legacy Booster but I can't find any info on google about them or anything.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

didn't see any notification that anything downloaded.

16. japes

japes Member

Online 'backend' is shitting the bed at the moment. Kind of to be expected and kind of massively frustrating and disappointing at the same time.

17. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Been running for 4 hours after i got home. Game runs fine. Facial animation still looks funny (on the humans). :lol: Aliens look ok to me.

GTX1080 is barely using half load @1080p on high settings
    CPU even on the i5 2500k @ 3.6ghz is only running at 80%. ;)

Solid launch. I think i got disconnected from the server a few times but not too worried. That's a matter for the teams though

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  18. power

power Member

Jb code in the mailbox plugged it in and only a 520mb update from the trial. Nice. Got my two Apex teams up to level 9 hoping it crosses over.

19. japes

japes Member

Yeah all progress transfers.

20. power

power Member

Now I hope it's useful, feels like the war table thing from dragon age inquisition.