Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 16, 2015.

1. power

power Member

I had my first what I'd call a bug last night I was clearing out the Kett on Voeld I got some kind of lighting glitch and everything was flickering like mad during the last section. This felt like a driver glitch to me, unsure but as far as other bugs - eh they are there but nothing I haven't seen in other games, and nothing as bad as say the unfinished feeling of Mafia III. Currently at 35 hours and the game estimates roughly 25% completion.

2. kogi

kogi Member

If I start a combo with Overload and end with Charge, is that considered a tech combo? biotic combo? or both?

3. Uchuujin-san

Uchuujin-san Member

Hahaha yeah saw them a bit after I posted that. They probably just eject it into space anyway... Populate the asteroid field a bit more [emoji1]

Had a half dozen ctd so far... Annoying the first few times cause I wasn't saving often and lost a shit ton of progress. Now I pretty much save scum every minute... Is there a quick save button? I haven't been able to find one.

4. hzac_

hzac_ Member

Fixed for you

5. Unframed

Unframed Member

Guy, first ME playthroughs are always guys

6. MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

So I spent a bit of time last night on the crafting - thanks to all who posted suggestions/comments in this thread.

Now my question is: where do I get sick augments from? I know how to use them, but the ones I have and the ones I can research are pretty.... bland.

Is there anywhere you can buy powerful ones? I don't think I've actually even bought anything yet so I have a buttload of credits just waiting to be spent...

M

7. emett

emett Member

I worked it out, i had resolution scaling at 125% and it was causing the crash. Rolled it down to 120% and its all good. Im getting 90%+ gpu utilization on both cards, so SLI appears to be fine for me.
    Really enjoying this game though, couple hours of work then back into it..

8. emett

emett Member

Double post.

9. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

It's a tech combo. I think. I use fire combo which is initiated with incinerate and finished off with throw

10. kogi

kogi Member

This is the (un)fun bit.

You next to scan all the things for research points.

Then spend research points to unlock augs. After unlocking u get 1 free augs and the rest are from drops.

There are sone augs that can be bought from the nexus shop

11. Uchuujin-san

Uchuujin-san Member

Touche... :lol:

googly says that there is no quicksave button, but there is apparently talk of patching it in...

12. power

power Member

I'm not a huge fan of the way saving works either, you can find yourself re-doing earlier parts of a mission because you can't save after encounters.

I think this might be a balance thing and a bit of artificial difficulty because overall it's not really a very hard game.

I don't see them adding a quick save just because of how often you actually can't save.

Be happy if they did though, I like finishing an encounter and then saving - ala Fallout 4 but I seem to remember this in Dragon Age : Inquisition as well.

13. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

I wouldnt mind a non-combat quicksave like older ME games but yeah, i havent found it too hard. Ive honestly only died maybe couple times? At the start and once when i fucked up a glyph puzzle and got Remnant raped and just wasn't paying attention.

I basically just jumpjet and middle mouse dash everywhere in combat, and always have shield booster consumables on me just in case. But having 100% ability recharge with 3 weapons is OP. Love it haha

14. Ck21

Ck21 Member

finished main story :leet::Pirate:

stats:
    character level 54
    game percent complete: 87%
    nexus lvl 20
    19/28 cryo pods deployed
    50hrs 29mins /played
    Got into peebees pants, but couldnt get into suvi's.

Meridian as a level looks awesome, too bad we cant go back and explore it (maybe in ME:A 2?).

Can see the plot for ME:A 2
    The kett will come to andromeda in force, and try to exalt all the MW species, got to stop them. and then for the 3rd, send a warning back to the MW to let them know the Kett are the next big threat after the reapers, or possiably chase them down and intercept in the dark space

15. csoldier

csoldier Member

16. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

17. power

power Member

yeah wouldn't put too much faith into what he says - his twitter account is banned and he describes himself as "Infamous #GamerGate Hardliner featured in the Washington Post." whatever the fuck that means.

18. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

yeah, i don't...didn't realise there was a twat of honor badge that one could wear...nor do i want to wear it.

19. csoldier

csoldier Member

Right.
    Seems to be far more to the whole sorry mess behind the scenes.

20. power

power Member

I could only stand this for a minute, this guy is a nob he called everything "garbage" and the game "shitty".