1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 16, 2015.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

OK, just reverted to an old save and it loaded nicely....hopefully it stays that way.

2. tunagirll

tunagirll Member

Still ploughing through... 85 hours and 46%, pretty much exploring every nook and cranny as I go. Crazy ass fight today taking down an architect on insanity. Good times :thumbup:

Also loving the space hamster :D

Having mature fun doing doughnuts in the nomad.

3. power

power Member

anyone notice Origin and your save file have wildly different playtimes?

My Origin playtime is 95 hours and save file says 85, not even sure which one is correct.

4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Origin just tracks the time the app is open, save file will reflect actual game time probably minus time spent in load screens

5. power

power Member

that makes no sense, there's no way I had it open but not playing for 10 hours, unless downloading somehow counts.

6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Add up all the time you've spent in loading screens and level up/point spending menus maybe?

7. power

power Member

hardly any time is spend in loading screens, if menus and levelling up screens are split out that'd make sense - but imo at least spending time in those screens IS playing the game. Just a weird thing, does anyone else find that Origin vs Save time is that far apart?

8. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Wasn't there an issue with the origin subscriber 10hr test time where they game ran in the background even when closed?

I'm guessing some shenanigans happening from that or even the final release early on till it was patched out

9. power

power Member

oh that might be it - I did play the beta/demo thingy!

10. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Yeaj its the trial time added. Mines the same coz when Andromeda released i started a new save. So save hours will be less than total hours.

Also Origin takes years to sync coz it uploads all your saves. I presume anyway. I checked my folder and its something like 31mb

11. power

power Member

yeah after a day playing the syncing takes a bit.

mind you steam is probably worse at that.

12. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Thankfully I got NBN connected a few weeks ago. On a 100/40 plan but only getting about 70/30 max. Uploading saves onto the net is a lot better than when I was on ADSL 8/0.4 lol :lol:

13. power

power Member

Went Sloane, I just didn't trust Reyes. I thought saving the Krogan was the easy decision, the Pathfinder makes the tough calls I'm not here to baby other Pathfinders. They know the consequences of their decisions and act accordingly. All the Ark quests were pretty good overall and really well written I thought.

After doing the end game stuff and loyalty missions I'm prepared to up my rating to an 8.5/10 from a 7.

When the game hits it's stride I think it's worthy of the ME title - it's when it want's me to do all the go here, go there, collect 5 of these boring side stuff that it gets annoying. But most RPG's have that, so I accept it.

Also I hated the "tasks" the ones I didn't do are my 3% of leftover content after finishing. I feel like I might look up some maps and just go to the locations that way. I had the same type of shit leftover in Dragon Age Inquisition.

How full did everyone's model cabinet/wall thing get? I think I'm missing maybe 4 or 5 now.

Also did anyone get a different ME original character in Alec Ryders office on the voice recordings? Just wondering, my game had Liara.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  14. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh I think I'm the same. Might go and find them.
    And mine had Liara too.

I find the final boss fight lame actually.
    I really wanted to pop a few shots in the Archon's face. But in the end you just fight another Architect. Felt kinda anti-climatic.

15. power

power Member

yeah a little anti-climatic in that regard - also you barely fight the Architect.
    Wondering what DLC will be coming and where the sequel will go. Hoping for a nice new trilogy.

Was she also in your final recording from Ryder's dad?

I also thought it was a good and interesting choice getting the player to play as the other Ryder - but wish they'd had more of these sections.

16. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Can't remember the final recording. Can check it tonight. I assume it would be. I also think she could be the benefactor too. It's either her or the Illusive Man.

17. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Well Im on holiday for the next week so I thought I should arrange something to do. Took about 9hrs but I downloaded it overnight mostly during off peak.

Just into the first mission now. :thumbup:

18. kogi

kogi Member

Has anyone use for the fusion mods?

I was thinking maybe "Fusion mod of shielding" after I get open the Fusion Mod Support cyropod

19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

If you go offline origin does not track game time too . My save file says 85 hours, origin is about twenty hours lesser

20. emett

emett Member

Fuck! Been in Hospital since Friday. Itching to play this..
    Had to buy a Switch to keep me say sane.