Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 16, 2015.

1. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

Best fusion mod you can get is the Mod of Adrenaline. Recharges all active powers upon a kill but reduces power recharge speed by 50.

Kills can be with your abilities or weapon. For people wanting to play classes like a Vanguard on Insanity difficulty, this is a must.
    I'm currently in my NG+ and without this mod, I wouldn't be able to play as aggressively as I am.

EDIT:
    There isn't a PS4 thread for this which is what I'm playing it on but if anyone here is and is interested in someone to play MP with hit me up.
    PSN ID: doctorstinky

I'm currently APEX rating 5008 so would prefer team mates interested in running Gold missions but happy to help drag people through Silver until they get good enough gear to run through Gold.
    I can solo Silver depending on what the challenge is at Wave 3 and 6 but it's still super difficult for me.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. kogi

kogi Member

Would that hamper boss fights? like the architect?

3. Kurosaki

Kurosaki Member

yeah, I found this mod, good for normal mob fights but useless for boss battle.

4. iNoob

iNoob Member

Finally finished the game. Really, really liked it.

I've played through ME1 to 3 in about 4 different play throughs with all DLC.

Don't think I can replay this one in a long time until some new solid DLC comes out purely due to length. Even though pacing was off at times. I had good fun over 70-80 hours. Finished at level ~60 in the end, I was pretty op at that point.

I do think every ME game has been better than the last. Can't wait for ME:A2 now.

5. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

I did start NG+ on PC but i currently have the 'tier bug'....my game doesnt drop rank VIII gear from 61-71. Strike crates, loot crates, vendors, anything.

So im doing a FemRyder run on PS4 and focussing on a near-pure tech build. Having a lot of fun with it. Normally I commit to full biotic in ME, but the tech abilities and combos are really cool this time round. Bit let down on the Flamethrower though

6. kogi

kogi Member

I am almost finished. The loyalty missions are pretty awesome. I guess we can't escape the rest of the cookie cutter quest grind

Profiles seem awesome on paper but I did make any use of them. Pushing all my skill points into one profile makes the quests on normal way too easy

7. iNoob

iNoob Member

Yeah agreed.

I used to always play solider but went biotic this time. Comobos are way weaker but usually Jaal & Peebee worked great laying down primers all the time.

Only used/other passive upgrades to get carry weight down + boost shields/health.

In the end I was just using a widow, I do however wish they still had the Javelin. Absolutely loved smashing heads through walls and melting armor.

8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

bah, need to keep playing...if it wasn't for the cinematics hitching every time i would have finished by now.

9. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

The loyalty missions were hands down the best writing, gameplay and dialogue in the game.

As for profiles, yeah on paper they all look unique but once i started using Explorer, thats all i used. The weapon damage bonus means can balance out your other perks with other armour pieces

10. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I use infiltrator + black widow with highest wall penetration mod. Then it's just a case of head shotting through walls lol. It feels like cheating. :lol:

11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

is it normal to see the key name next to a dialogue option?

EDIT:

Anyone know how to defeat the voeld architect?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  12. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

That's one of the new feature from the patch.

13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

feature you say? i had a feeling it was a bug. really prefer a clean wheel.

Gonna keep playing even though i am so fucking fatigued.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  14. emett

emett Member

Yeah same, seems silly to me.

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

feels like they accidentally left a debug setting on or something.

16. Supersize

Supersize Member

I think it was implemented to combat the auto dialog select bug, instead of being 100% reliant on the mouse click, it's now tied to 2 inputs.
    Personally I don't like the look of it now..

17. kogi

kogi Member

You need to attack from the cover of a kett base. Otherwise the cold will decrease your life support

18. GregDude

GregDude Member

Question for experienced players...

How many of the objectives beyond the main story really need to be achieved in terms of the need to level up or whatever, to keep the game playable?

There seems to be a lot of objectives, however I can't say they are very enjoyable. It's like a long list of chores, mostly amounting to travel there, click Use/Scan, repeat, interspersed with cover based combat.

Maybe the story is just not as compelling as the earlier games. Just seems like lots of busy work rather than exciting choices. Have played a few hours so far.

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

loading times are fucked.

anyway, managed to takedown the voeld architect.

20. Ck21

Ck21 Member

dont worry about it, the game scales to your level. Just keep going through at your own pace and it will be fine.

Protip: if you want to be OP for every level, research and craft the best weapon for your playstyle the moment you hit 10/20/30/40/50/60/70 etc. the armor doesnt really matter so much unless your on insane difficulty or multiplayer.