Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Jun 16, 2015.

1. enzo_450

enzo_450 Member

44 hours in. Got hit with my first proper bug, the first Archon mission (on the ship) wasn't triggering a cut-scene half way through. Only solved by restarting the whole mission (only 10mins really..).

I like it.

2. japes

japes Member

Finding games with decent latency can be an issue. I mean I couldn't be bothered even finishing a run. It's boring and repetitive without friends to me.

3. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

PC matches online are definitely a lot worse for stability than console. i can barely deal with PC. 1/5 matches is worth playing after lag. i have shit internet but still.

no where near as bad on PS4. which is where i mainly play online now. the MP is fukn awesome, especially on gold. just requires a lot of grinding to get decent gear. last weeks Super Deluxe bonus pack got me the Black Widow which is just awesome. my favourite class is the Angaran Avenger. she is a beast fully levelled.

4. japes

japes Member

Yeah I've got almost every rare at 10, just burnt out over it.

5. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

ah k i havent played it that much. stenchlord on here has a lot of characters and items @ rank 10.

im currently playing as Asari Adept and loving it, only Rank IV/Level 16 though. and with the 1.06 patch debuffing her shield, bit too squishy in gold, cant do much since you go down in a couple of hits.

im just trophy farming on PS4 atm. i think i can almost get platinum in 1 playthrough. only one i dont think i can get is romance 3 different characters since i went female. you can do it in a single run as male Ryder, which i did on PC by accident. if you go Avala (museum angaran chick) / Keri / PeeBee. trying to figure out if it can be done on female Ryder. might have left it too late though.

6. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

7. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

WELL worth it at that price imo.

8. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

9. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

new patch 1.08 incoming. only thing that grabbed my attention, vendors will now be selling weapon firing augments (single, burst, full auto).

could be fun, for anyone that still cares haha. i got Plat trophy on PS4, might return to my PC ng+ for this patch, when i run out of other things to do. around 150hrs across both SP completions and around 30hrs in MP got me my money's worth

10. GregDude

GregDude Member

Finally finished the game with ~95% completion.
    Main story was okay.
    Side quests were repetitive bore fest.
    Whole game barely held my interest.
    Graphically occasionally eye pleasing but far too repetitive.
    I think this Kotaku story explains how this happened.

11. lithos

lithos Member

"Hey, I got an idea."

"What?"

"You know Mass Effect?"

"Yeah - it's one of our biggest and most popular franchises. It's raked in hundreds of millions."

"Right. So the next one..."

"If we do a next one."

"'Course we're gonna do the next one. The next one - well, we don't have to do anything. We could slap a JPEG of a turd on a DVD and pre-sell millions as long as it comes in a Mass Effect box."

"Well, we can't do that."

"Yeah, no shi- look, I was making a point. Point is, we slap together a new game, put 'Mass Effect' on it, and bingo."

"We'll make billions."

"Yeee-up."

"I've got a bunch of QA testers and web designers are just about to be let go in Montreal."

"So...we call it 'Bioware Montreal'? Keep the branding."

"Yup. I'll go inform the investors and shareholder we're about to make bajillions."

"Awesome."

12. havabeer

havabeer Member

so finally got this, liked the other 3 thought i better play it even if the reviews aren't overly great.

just wondering is anyone else playing at 4k resolution? my rig just seems to struggle during cutscenes/dialogue. 2x titan xp's, 16gig ram + 5960x and it bogs down to around 30 - 50fps most annoying is when it swaps camera angles etc there's a very noticeable maybe half second pause, have everything on ultra except for AA which is set to FXAA

in game seems to run fine at a smooth 60fps (with g-sync) but the dialogue scenes are killing me.

i'll give it a shot with just a single card to see if its an SLI issue, any ideas? other then maybe turning settings down which i don't really want to do

13. Ck21

Ck21 Member

I dont think its your rig.

The game had noticeable performance regressions with each successive patch (on my pc). Deleted once it got unplayable (the patch that added latest version of denuvo :thumbdn: )

14. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

i would test the SLI vs non-SLI thing first. i cant run @ 4k stable enough with my sig but it was playable. so you should kill it.

i rarely play on PC now so cant comment there, but on PS4 with current patches the MP netcode is improved massively. had a great time this arvo. also the MP packs from ME3 have returned (arsenal, reserves) etc and several other really good changes

15. havabeer

havabeer Member

changing to single card only dropped FPS so SLI must be working.

dropping a few settings down (HBAO instead of HBAO full etc) and the FPS has improved in cut scenes. the ever so slight pauses between scenes/camera angles are there regardless of FPS.

i have to admit though at 4k this game does look glorious, especially out in the open the map textures area great. my only regret is that i tried to recreate my wife's visage (as i often do if playing a female role in games) but i've some how created a slightly sleepy looking blonde thai/phillipino

[​IMG]

16. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Do you have motion blur on? If so try turning that off. I usually hate motion blur anyway but i noticed a performance increase with it off

Edit: and yeah its so hard to create a decent female character haha. I kept my FemRyder white yet sort of themed her on the character from The Expanse. Forget her name...the black chick from the Rosi crew

17. MrBS

MrBS Member

I've put about 20 hours into now, its okay. I bumped the res up to 4K for a minute of 5fps goodness. My word is the game beautiful at that resolution. Time to upgrade the PC!

18. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

This isnt really a spoiler but eventually you will visit a planet called Elaaden. Amazing looking planet, wont say any more. imo by far the best looking location

19. havabeer

havabeer Member

well even if i've picked this up after all the facial animation updates i can still see what they're talking about. sometimes they're just horrible compared to what is actually going on in the scene.

also the dialogue is just terrible, especially the delivery from the female ryder. actually 90% of the females in this game sound like a flamboyant gay guy with a lisp. the fem shep in the first 3 was dam on point, sounded like a proper bad arse, properly in charge. The ryder chick just sounds confused by everything and can't deliver a speech to save her life. i'll see it out to the end though.

also the R&D setup is a bit weird, and emails and terminals seem a bit clunky and full of junk compared to the original series

20. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Picked it up for $50 from GMG, up to the second planet you land on (first as a path finder). I'm definitely enjoying it so far :thumbup: