Maybe not everyone else is a jerk. Maybe it’s me?

Discussion in 'Science' started by ddk, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ddk

ddk (Banned or Deleted)

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com...to-succeedand-how-to-find-out-if-you-have-it/

This would explain a lot. I hate everybody.

2. Foliage

Foliage Member

It's not narcissism if you really are better than everyone else. :lol:

3. OP
    OP
    ddk

ddk (Banned or Deleted)

That's what I keep telling everyone. That I'm better than them all.

4. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

5. OP
    OP
    ddk

ddk (Banned or Deleted)

6. Foliage

Foliage Member

I was just about to post that!

Read it, basically it implies that you might not be intelligent enough to realise that you are in fact, not actually smarter than everyone else. It is quite common in the work place, people think they know more than they really do but aren't knowledgeable enough to realise it.

Hence the awesomeness of "it's not narcissism if you really are better than everyone else, not only is it narcissistic to say, but chances are you aren't even capable of realising that you aren't better than everyone else.

7. OP
    OP
    ddk

ddk (Banned or Deleted)

Erm, I think either you've missed the joke or I've failed at humour.

Personally I blame you because, as is plainly self-evident, I am perfect.

8. Sledge

Sledge Member

Yup, i'm better at everything i do where i work than anyone else.. but it doesn't actually GET me any where...
    just MORE is expected of me than others, and excuses are made for everyone else...
    I'm getting really sick of it...(No jokes here.. i AM better..) i'm sure there might be others that could do my job as well or better than me, but they obviously just don't work where i am..
    That being said, 1 guy almost comes close... another guy is a little bit behind him, another guy possibly could be up there as well if he cared..but i'm not sure he does..the warehouse manager is a total failure... and don't get me started on the females in the place....

9. Draffa

Draffa Member

It seems that being successful in business usually requires you to be a full-blown sociopath.

10. Foliage

Foliage Member

So look for a new job where you can work with people the same and better than you, best way to learn is surrounding yourself with people smarter than yourself, especially if you assign a mentor.

11. akashra

akashra Member

You Know what bugs Me about This Demo poster... The capitalization.
    And yes, that was difficult to type. That really took a lot of willpower :(

12. Recharge

Recharge Member

there's no "seems" about it, profit at all costs is the mantra of the day, and always has been for business, if they could get away with child labour, most of them would ;) (especially telstra heh)

if you didn't male over 100% profit from last year, you're going bankrupt apparently heh (at least coles and woolies are always complaining about it)

13. Foliage

Foliage Member

This is true for all publicly traded companies with share holders but only true for some private companies.

14. Sledge

Sledge Member

Yep, time is coming...

15. noober69

noober69 Member

Wow, some interesting views here. Personally I feel people aren't really jerks, just not really aware, maybe Anosognosia.

I read some pretty wild ideas in here that seem to back that up.

CEO's: I have known several CEO's personally through close work contact. Most of the successful ones are really good people, that is how they get the best out of their staff. Some are psychos, but even then only a little. However without exception most are harder working than me, so its no surprise they are the boss. Actually, some are psychos because the seat moisteners in sector 7G who work for them think they are competant but really aren't.

Public v Private companies: It would be in fact the reverse of what some people thought, public ceo's are subject to a lot more scrutiny than private ones, and therefore must act accordingly.

Oh, and if you work in, for example a warehouse situation, and you are not progressing it is probably not your intelligence holding you back.

My advice: Work with people that are better than you, that way you lift and learn.
    Work for people who earn lots: I used to like that the CFO had a Porsche. Made asking for a raise much easier (i.e. come on, $10k raise for me is only your airfare to Paris/new set of alloys/annual speeding fines). Now my new boss drives a diesel hatch and my car is more expensive than his. Try getting money out of that dude!

If you think your better than your peers and you are not the boss, it is likely that Dunning Kruger is operating, or you are lazy. For me its probably the latter.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  16. AvatarEK

I don't know what you guys are talking about, it seems pretty clear to me that ddk is perfect to me also. I mean I don't know him at all, but can't you see it ? Just look for yourself.

17. Scandrew

Scandrew Member

MacLeod’s Company Hierarchy And The Corporate Conscious

-http://www.bravenewlife.com/03/macleods-company-hierarchy-and-the-corporate-conscious/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  18. Thudd

Thudd Member

Humble is for those that can't!

19. noober69

noober69 Member

Macleods company heirachy is complete crap. Sounds like it was written by someone who never spent time with people at the top of a company and grumbled away at the bottom of the corporate tree festering in their own juices.

20. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Ddk is perfect by self reflection. However I think he is perfect as well.

Where are we going with this lol?