Medium-small dog suited to a townhouse

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by SupremeMoFo, Oct 26, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Covered on both points - there's a pergola covering part of the courtyard which is permanently shaded, and there's a fenced dog park in our suburb (and another 3 in surrounding suburbs) where dogs can be off leash at any time as well as several kilometres of trails that are off the street which start within 100m of our front door.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Also whippets. I didn't suggest them before because you said you didn't like greyhounds, but they are super little dogs.

3. sanjay

sanjay Member

greyhounds are the best. find a small female ex-racer from GRSA's adoption program. they dont need much exercise and would much rather be lazy on the couch than running around in a big back yard.

4. OP
    OP
    SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Would prefer a greyhound over a whippet. Alright, I'll look more seriously into the greyhounds and adoption :)

5. broccoli

broccoli Member

The greyhound adoption people seem to be quite active in the community. They are often up at Pet Stock. Do you have that near you?

6. sanjay

sanjay Member

i am biased given i act for GRV here in victoria and have seen some pretty horrible things that trainers do to their dogs (not to mention the animals used for live bait) :( every greyhound saved by adoption is a small victory for the species, in my view.

i am moving heaven and earth to try and buy a place (try getting a rental with a dog) so i can adopt one for myself.