Memory to suit ROG Strix X299-E Gaming - please help!

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Quagnol, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Quagnol

Quagnol Member

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the QVL for memory to suit this board for CPU's over 6 cores (will be using a Intel 7920x) and have my heart set on the Corsair Vengeance RGB - CMR64GX4M4C3200C16 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 as it's shown to be supported.

The problem I've got is that there is no stock anywhere in Aus and I'm sitting here with a bunch of parts and no memory. I absolutely require 64GB, and like I mentioned, have my heart set on RGB, Corsair if possible.

From what I've read, it seems best to avoid running 8x8gb sticks due to compatibility issues, and the QVL does not show any 8x8gb setups in this brand / model. Even if I was to switch over to the G-Skill Trident Z RGB, I am out of luck in terms of availability in Melbourne.

Hoping to achieve a fairly decent overclock on this board & chip and was hoping for any guidance here as my eyes are about to pop out of my head as I try to navigate these treacherous waters.

Appreciate any feedback, and please excuse any obvious oversights I may have made here... I'm seeing blue dots in my vision at this point.

Thanks! (^_-)/

2. Supersize

Supersize Member

Quagnol likes this.
  3. hairy

hairy Member

4. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Have a look at Newegg AU, the RAM Price up there hasnt been jacked up too much compare to our local sellers and you get the same warranty anyway. Pretty sure for the same price you can grab 64GB 4x16GB G Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 C14 RAM off elsewhere with better timing.

5. billyb

billyb Member

6. billyb

billyb Member

Forgot to say that at the moment, I'm running Corsair dominator torque 4x8GB set. My understanding is they are guaranteed B-dies.... Not that I'm a heavy memory overclocker, but the issue is I can't find 2x16GB sets from anywhere.
    Also, reason for 4x16 set is 1. I have Apex motherboard which has only 4 DIMM slots. 2. I suck at programming, so at times, 2GB text file turns into dozens of GB in memory.

7. AFireInside

AFireInside Member

I bought 2x dual channel kits of that exact RAM, works perfectly!

Same board too

Quagnol and billyb like this.