Metro: Exodus (2018 Release)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Jun 13, 2017.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

At what point did I say that the majority of investments from tencent are for a 100% stake?

I think you misunderstand.

I'm pointing out the likelihood of wanting a bigger stake after buying 40%.

2. power

power Member

Whichever way you shake it this thing would want to be GOTY material for this to be considered a good move.

3. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

It's not on steam, so it's not a steam game even if you "add it as a non-steam game". I'm not adding another damn launcher.

4. chook

chook Member

Considering the Corporations Act defines someone that has more than a 5% stake to be a substantial shareholder having a 40% stake probably qualifies as a fucking massive shareholder (technical term).

5. OP
    OP
    Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

The founder is calling himself the "controlling shareholder" so I guess 40% isn't enough to call the shots.

6. power

power Member

i'm somewhat surprised that they haven't done a stock buyback, but that said the stock will be kind of peaking right now.

7. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Unless the founder owns 60%, 40% means literally anything can happen at any time.

Until there is confirmation that he owns 60%, I'm going to assume anything can happen.

And then Tim Sweeney could just give up ownership for the right amount of money anyway.

8. power

power Member

To be fair to Tim, he's one of the pioneer's of the industry and aside from the fact he loves to rip off other peoples ideas he's done bloody well for himself.

9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Name one..
    Apart from Riot, Supercell and GGG which they gained a controlling interest in originally.

I guess because they own 5% of Activision/Blizzard they're going to take over them as well? Or will it be Tesla next?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  10. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

I was almost interested in this game from the initial video, I had concerns about how much of a 'game' it was- looked a bit more like 'interactive' media to me with all the detachment. Still though, thought I might give it a whirl when it came out.

Buuuuuuut, I think that EGS deal is poor form so I'll be wallet voting 'no' on this one.

11. chook

chook Member

The Corporations Act requires major/substantial shareholders to be listed in the annual report. It doesn't give you any special powers.
    No, 5% still makes you a major/substantial shareholder. What it doesn't do is make you a majority shareholder which 60%, being more than 50%, does. As a majority shareholder you do call the shots because nobody can outvote you for appointing people to the board.

12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Yeah it is a clear sign they aren't attempting to take them over. Saying they wouldn't increase their stake in Ubisoft at the time might also indicate that they have no intention of taking them over.

13. chook

chook Member

WTF is this? That isn't a quote from anything I posted.

14. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Sorry, NFI how that happened. I'll fix it.

chook likes this.
  15. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Not sure why you are talking about The Corporations Act, that only applies to Australian companies??

Hive likes this.
  16. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Seriously, the butthurt gaymergate vibes are out of control. What is it with fucking gamers and being babies.

Monopoly my ass, the launcher is free, anyone can install it on anything. They made a deal with Epic out of their own free will, if its a bad deal then the market will teach them a lesson. ooh Chinese boogeyman *scary noises*, I mean its much worse than any other faceless profit mongering mega corporation.
    Play it or not, its just a game. FFS just pirate it if you want.

"Principles" don't make me laugh, its a fucking game, and there are plenty of hills that you should be dying on before you even get to a company agreeing with another company out of their own free will to use their free storefront exclusively for a time period..... for a fucking game

the_fuzz and Hive like this.
  17. power

power Member

so you're buying it?

18. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

LOL my backlog is far too massive and time far too limited to pay full RRP for anything. 75% discount or not interested.
    To be honest I'll likely pirate it if I get around to playing it at all. I have no desire to join yet another storefront and spread my credit card details just a little wider lol. I'm already annoyed I got suckered back onto battle.net for the free Destiny 2 a month or so back (already uninstalled).

19. chook

chook Member

There is similar legislation in the US however I am not familiar with the details so used the AU legislation as an example.

20. power

power Member

so during a Steam sale?