Metro: Exodus (2018 Release)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx2000, Jun 13, 2017.

1. chook

chook Member

Kind of strange. I blame terrorists. Thanks for clearing it up.

2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

League of Legends

Started in 2011

Owned the whole thing in 2015

I can't quite figure out what your opinion is, especially as you said you'll just pirate it anyway...

Teaching them a lesson is the whole point of discussion. I'm explaining why Epic are bad, and hopefully convince enough people to avoid buying it from Epic.

No reason to support their bad business practices.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. chook

chook Member

I think wintermute000's point is that Epic made their own decision and until the market decides how it likes it we don't know if it is good or bad. There are some people that don't like the decision and others that don't care. Good and bad is decided on the alignment of outcomes with business plans. We don't (and may never) know how that is going to workout.

4. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I think the point at least for this specific thread is that the Metro devs/publisher made a deal with a bad company who is trying to damage PC gaming while throwing money and weight around to compete with Steam rather then actually competing based on service and features.

Anyone who buys this game from Epic is basically telling Epic/Metro devs/publisher that they like what they have done and they want to see more paid exclusives on a terrible game client run by a bad company.

If the devs/publishers/epic weren't such garbage people they would have simply priced the game 18% cheaper then Steam to prove that Epic is better since the cut is lower. You could even split the difference, 9% consumers, 9% devs.

But thats simply too honest.

5. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

No, they made a deal with a company that wants to make money. This is business not some basement dwelling conspiracy lol. You don't like that company? Fine don't buy it.

Trying to damage PC gaming ROFL.... Yes because in real life companies are ideological about oppressing poor PCMR. They're obviously jealous of our 144hz gsync Ultra with mouse+kb, ultrawide and mods

the_fuzz likes this.
  6. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I've already told you that Tencent had a majority stake (93%) in Riot games in 2011. They had full control. You claimed Tencent have a strategy of investing in a partial stake then turning it into a majority stake. You haven't been able to provide any evidence for this. You have a habit of claiming motives for companies that either don't exist or aren't backed up by any evidence.

You also have a habit of twisting peoples words. Wintermute000 never said he would pirate it anyway, he said "ffs just pirate if you want".

No, that is your conspiracy theory, along with the bait and switch.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    BAK and the_fuzz like this.
  7. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Says the person who is going to pirate it...

Try to imagine 10 different game clients, the latest 10 games this year are all exclusives through each client.

All your friends are split up, all games have different capabilities based on each client (workshop support etc)

Each game sequel goes to the company offering the most money for the exclusive deal.

If you want to go online and play with a friend, you have to open all 10 clients.

If you buy Hitman 2 on Epic, but you purchased Hitman 1 on Steam, you won't have access to the first season in Hitman 2.

You purchased Call of Duty on Epic, your friend purchased Call of Duty on Steam. The games are not on the same version and aren't crossplay compatible. So you can't play.

And this is just what I can think of in 30 seconds.

Well honestly I didn't know they purchased 93% in 2011, I wonder why they waited 4 years to get that last 7%...

8. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Who cares I repeat buy it or don't, stop pretending it's some moral Crusade. Oh the humanity I have to deal with another launcher. Yeah no I won't be using another launcher either but I'm not pretending it's anything more than a first world problem and that deep Silver and epic are free to make whatever commercial agreement they want

the_fuzz likes this.
  9. bart5986

bart5986 Member

10. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Sorry, I read his second post after the edit.

Did you know that Tencent helped save Ubisoft from a hostile takeover and part of the deal was that they wouldn't sell the shares to a third party or attempt to gain more shares? Doesn't exactly fit your theory.

11. chook

chook Member

You have just reinforced my point. If the market buys the game then they are saying the exclusive arrangement is good. I am fairly certain that the business plan for Epic is to make money so the outcome of the market buying the game will align with Epic's business plan. If the market tells Epic to eat a bag of dicks then the outcome doesn't align with Epic's business plan.

12. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

The game looks fantastic!
    I enjoyed the first two but the updated gun customization and larger world sounds fantastic. I just hope there is still plenty of dark tunnels and creepy underground locations to explore.

13. lowdog

lowdog Member

Todays the day!

ChinoPD likes this.
  14. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

This afternoon is the time :(

15. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I’ll be hitting up JBhifi at lunch break!

16. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

OMG I just took a break from gaming. Anyway, enjoy everyone! I am super hyped! I just hope the game runs well on my rig, as in, max settings @ 1440P with 2x-4xAA @ at least 100fps.

That's the only reason why I didn't play the first two 5+ years post release, was I could not run them on my mediocre rig at the time.

Sledge likes this.
  17. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

PC gamer's review suggests that 60fps is more likely with max settings ( gtx1080)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  18. Sledge

Sledge Member

4.5 hours to go i think...

19. lowdog

lowdog Member

Is this showing in any ones Epic launcher? I pre purchased through Epic but my game library is emptyand no redeem code has been sent to me so far....wtf Epic?

20. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

not yet