1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

MFD brand recomendations

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by waksimus, Feb 29, 2012.

1. waksimus

waksimus Member

Gents,

We're currently a Canon shop with the irc5035 photocopiers which works great but Ive been asked to swap to Toshibas estudios.

Can anyone from experience say it would be a wiser move or should I stick to my guns and stick with the Canons? we're leasing them btw.

2. newgen

newgen Member

I worked at a large media company where we went from fuji-xerox to toshiba e-studios.. (not my decision at the time).. very bad move. The print quality was pretty poor, and colour printing was shocking.

3. b00n

b00n Member

working in a architect firm and looking at the konica's as the quality is dam good and as good as our oce', which are large format devices.

canon 5 series is good also, best thing to do is get some current jobs in process and get them printed in front of you with a device they are proposing

4. Combatants

Combatants Member

- printer tech -

I used to work on canons,
    i now work on toshis and sharps.

the canons are a good machine, expensive to run but good quality. The new Toshiba 4540s match that but are almost 1/2 the running costs. The only differance you will/could notice is in the feeder if on the canons you have a duplex ADF (scans boths sides in 1 pass) it is something you will not be able to get on the toshi's. Both models canon/tosh use the same Finishers (rebranded of course) So no difference there.

if i were you i would base your choice on the company that services the machines is your current one crap? try a different one

ALso what kinda stuff are you guys printing? and what volume? ie 2000 pages a month of invoices

5. Renza

Renza Member

we just got a new toshiba estudio, the 3540c and we're very happy with it so far