mic to sound bar setup

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by pezzy, Feb 18, 2021.

1. pezzy

pezzy Member

i posted this in the a/v sub. but i figured i'll get a better response here.

my goal is to get some wireless mics to voice out of a soundbar. i ended up buying one of these and a sound bar with aux/line in;

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-Wireless-Microphone-System-2x-Professional-Cordless-Mic-Karaoke-Vocal-Stage/303261901331?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

i'm getting no sound from the sound bar when i connect the mic receiver. it looks like my problem is the mixed output in the wireless mic receiver is a mic level output. i thought it would be a line out level output since it has volume control, doh. the sound bar works when a line level device is connected to it. i've also connected the receiver to my pc via mic in and it works when i record my voice. however i can't hear it live via my speakers. does this mean i'll need a mic preamp? i did a quick google search and everything seems to be of professional grade. is there even such thing as a simple mic preamp with a line level out?

edit: i can now hear it through my pc speakers live. had to turn listen to the device via the mic settings in windows. so it looks like a mic preamp is what i need?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  2. Renza

Renza Member

you could get a cheap mixer with mic inputs and line level outputs. then you could mix music through the same output if required

3. OP
    OP
    pezzy

pezzy Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021