Microsoft Game Pass for PC

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Madengineer, May 30, 2020.

1. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Hey peeps! Thought I'd create this, as it's new!

Microsoft have just started a Game Pass specifically for PC. They've got it tagged for Beta, and are only charging $1 for the first month not bad TBH!) essentially it's the same games in the original game pass (included PC and Xbox games) but now they've released one specifically for PC.

Worth checking out!

Nethiuz likes this.
  2. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

I did this in Nov 2019, added another 2 years to the Xbox live sub and for $1 extra got it on my PC as well.. expires 04/2022 :)

3. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

OK ima get it, download gears 5 !

4. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I signed up for it late last year just with the intention of playing The Outer Worlds for cheap but ended up keeping it because the kids got hooked on Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection. There's a few other games which have come on board which I wouldn't mind checking out but overall it's pretty light on for games I've found but for $4.95 after the initial $1.00 first month it's not that much of an outlay to keep to see what else appears.

5. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Just grabbed it, i thought with the game pass all games were fry to play while subbed, hmm nope.
    Oh well cheaper games is still good.

6. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

This one isn't the same as the Xbox Game Pass. This one is specifically for PC (wasn't available in November). If you subscribe to this version, you only get to play the games on your PC (whether they're available on Xbox as well or not). This is great for me, as I only play racing games on my Xbox. But they've added a lot of great games for PC as well.

7. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

no it’s the same for $1 my Xbox live converted to ultimate which allows me to play the games on pc and Xbox.

8. OP
    OP
    Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Ahh fair. Was just a more general comment for other peeps.

9. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

The PC only one has been available since June 2019. I've been using it since it was released.

(edit: checked my order history. I was June not Nov!)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  10. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

THe PC only also only costs $5 a month, the ultimate pass is $16 for PC & Xbox, so dont get caught in the trap. You cant subscribe to the PC only plan on the microsoft store, as I found out yesterday you need to unsubscribe it, open the Xbox (beta) app, and resubscribe to the PC only plan there.

11. Dunska

Dunska Member

Yeah, I got it in November for The Outer Worlds, but for $4.95 per month there are some great games on there, with more added regularly. Halo Master Chief Collection, Gears of War 4/5, Gears Tactics, Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Age of Wonders Planetfall, etc.

12. connico

connico Member

Got it to play gears 5 on PC. Also playing other games on xbone which is a benifit to me.. dont know how long ill keep it since I had recently stop my gold sub due to lack of interesting games

13. d1ng0d4n

d1ng0d4n Member

This has actually been around since June 2019 (I switched to it as soon as it was available). Nearly a year behind this one.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

As a pretty big fan of the Wolfenstein series, I regret to inform you, this is not a good game at all, it is infact, a terrible game.

15. Dunska

Dunska Member

That's a shame. I loved all the others, but haven't played YB as yet. One good point is I can try it out on Game Pass and if it is total arse, then I haven't wasted $$ on it. Good thing there are heaps of other games on Game Pass for PC to try. I actually find I'm trying out some games I would never had tried just because they are available as part of the Game Pass - so simple to try without wasting money on them.

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yeah had it since June last year too. Best value sub service by far. Shame the windows store sux.

17. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

The gamepass app is slow as fuck on PC, even on my machine. I open it from the taskbar and it takes a good 30 seconds for everything to display, and another 10 seconds before I can start a game.

So far I've played all the halo MCC that's been released, subnautica, Deliver Us The Moon, and I've just finished The Turing Test, interspersed with a big of AoE and halo wars.

If anyone could suggest what game to play next, I'm open. Big preference for FPS single player, story driven games (although subnautica gave me the shits, if you don't use some kind of guide with it, you traipse around forever wondering what to do).

18. Dunska

Dunska Member

The Outer Worlds was cool.

sTeeLzor likes this.
  19. boneburner

boneburner Member

*sigh* so i subbed again for Minecraft Dungeons (boring game with zero originality) so decided to install Halo masterchief collection - 72 gigs and nothing was playable... so installed Outer Worlds - which is now just crashing to desktop every few minutes...

This service, i mean wt actual f. Also the worst install process of any launcher EVER - makes epic game store look slick by comparison.

unsubbed

20. connico

connico Member

i downloaded the xbox beta app and it works fine. downloaded Gears 5 and it runs well.... just like if i used steam or uplay etc...

What apps are you guys using?