Microsoft Killed Plans For "PC Vs Xbox 360" Online Play

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Jul 22, 2010.

1. phatphob

phatphob Member

playing FPS on controller is like trying to play soccer with your tongue

2. power

power Member

nah, it's not that easy.

3. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Fuck, they talk like no one else has ever done it.. Why does no one acknowledge the existence of the sega dreamcast? I was playing quake3 and 4x4 evo against PC players literally a DECADE ago.

Yes, DC players got owned in general, but it forced us to get better and better with the control pad. One bloke got so good that he blitzed quite a few of the PC players too :)

That's the other issue.. They're assuming that the only games worth playing online are FPS. 4x4 evo was brilliant and using the control pad I was one of the best around back in the day!

Matt.

4. Franc

Franc Member

well I play fps's on the pc and the console.

I dont mind the console for single player FPS, but its not nearly as good for multiplayer. I too, reckon that mouse + keyboard for a console would be great...or something like that instead of the stupid camera thingie they are working on to make controlling even worse than it is now.

That said the controller is better than the keyboard for some games (just not fps)

5. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

MS killed it because they can't rope PC gamers in to paying for the Live service.

There are plenty of games other than those in the FPS genre that could work perfectly fine cross-platform. Fighting games, racing (arcade racers at least), action-adventure, platform, and more. These could all work perfectly fine, but they don't want to spend the time maintaining it on the PC for the players they don't get any money from.

6. cpuslayer

cpuslayer Member

With the release of 'Project Natel' controller-less implantation for games coming out in a few months, i'm surprised they are killing cross platform support all together.

I thought the controller-less implantation would be able to 'sorta' compete with a mouse. Guess we got a hint of how well the controller-less devices are!

7. broddo

broddo Member

Kinect isn't going to be able to control 'core' games worth shit. PS Move, on the other hand, has the potential to be more accurate than analog sticks, but probably still not as good as a mouse for aiming.