Microsoft PowerApps

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by ChiefBoss, Aug 19, 2018.

1. ChiefBoss

ChiefBoss Member

Anyone here familiar with MS PowerApps?

I want to build a relatively simple dumpy level survey app - currently use an excel spreadsheet.
    Using an app that can be run from a phone will make things logistically more convienient in the field and also streamline work flow if the app can email a PDF (or Excel sheet) of the survey once completed.

I've uploaded an example dummy survey with basic if functions to do the reduced leveling - had to change file extension to txt from xlsx so forums would allow upload.

Basically I have no experience with this kind of thing, have been wanting to do something like this for years but seems like this could be a good option, thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. luke o

luke o Member

All your participants need to be o365 licensed. Start with a SharePoint online site, create a custom list and google how to add custom fields to it (it's easy). This list basically becomes your database table or spreadsheet replacement.

The custom list has an option to then create a powerapp form, here you can use the in browser no code drag and drop style builder to make your survey form. Put the questions in the order you want, create simple validation rules, and apply branding like a logo etc.