Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Official Information Page: http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/xboxone/meet-xbox-one?xr=shellnav
    E3 2013 Press Conference: http://au.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-press-conference?tag=Topslot;Slot1
    Xbox One Games: http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-one/xbox-one-games?xr=shellnav
    Official Press Release: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/Press/2013/May13/05-21XboxPR.aspx

Xbox One Reveal Highlights:

Unveiling Video:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Updated to reflect new info of the Xbox One for launch. Edit it as much as you want Arch-Angel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2013
  2. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

Will be interesting to see what sort of hardware they are using. I note that the current devs that are developing games for it are using "off the shelf PC components", I wonder if these are current-gen?

3. koolkidd

koolkidd Member

So given that EA and Ubisoft have target hardware, would it be safe to assume they would have a fair headstart on giving us release titles over other companies?

4. claf-43

claf-43 Member

No way in hell a late 2012 launch is gonna happen.

You gotta build up the system for some time, and Halo 4 is promised to release on the 360, as will GTA5, and both of those are likely late next year.

2013 at the earliest for mine.

And FYI, MS are gonna go more Kinect with this... already been stated that's the way they'll head.... ugghhhhh.

Surely they would be smart enough to realise Kinect sales arent great, they are just bundled with systems, that people replaced old failing ones with FFS.

5. thecondor

thecondor Member

Its not that unrealistic. Normally Sony releases its new console 6-7 years into the life of its current console. xbox 360 was released in 2005 so that would be 7 years come late next year.

And I don't think Sony will let them get a year jump on them again so I can see them following suit. I see a piece saying that sony have already advised one studio to start working on the next system. I guess that would be Polyphony.

6. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

I would say Xmas 2013 or early 2014. If they are getting dev kits by the end of the year, you would have to assume that there would be development of games to support the hardware and show it off which would mean creation of new assets, engines and associated content to get a decent launch library which would take a year at the absolute minimum.

And for the love of god move to blu-ray for your optical discs.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  7. claf-43

claf-43 Member

1. Sony
    2. The World is FUBAR atm, companies can't afford it, esp MS and Sony.

2013 at the absolute earliest, I'd bet my life on it.

8. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

360 was announced in May '05, and released in Nov '05.
    Slim was shown at E3 2010, and released the next day.
    MS don't seem to give a damn about 'building up to a release' 7 years on the same hardware is long enough I think.

I am hopeful that it gets released 2012 - prefereably in the mid year :thumbup:

9. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Well, I'm hopeful I'll win the lotto, doesn't mean it will happen ;)

In this economic climate, they can't afford to, and it's cause of that Move and Kinect were released, in an attempt to extend these consoles a bit....

I'm happy to bring this thread back up in 2012 :D

10. trop

trop Member

Quoted for future reference...

11. MrBS

MrBS Member

My money is on holiday 2013. The feel out there seems to be 2013 anyway. Besides in the past couple years we've seen multiple 'wii 2' supposed to be out in 2011, 2010 etc etc rumours that set forums on fire that amounted to nothing. Pure imagination as speculation. Rumours are rumours after all ;)

12. claf-43

claf-43 Member

was waiting for you!

and more so.... Gamespot, just lol

Worst games site on the net, nothing but controversies with them, especially to get clicks.

13. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

What you haven't won the lotto yet? So your still stuck on the Island?
    Sux 2 b u. :lol:

The economic climate isn't going to improve magically in 2013, whether they release now, next year or the year after - shits still gonna be the same.

14. cjmonkey

cjmonkey Member

E3 2012... after this, we will know.

MS thumped sony earlier on with this gen largelt due to the early launch.. my money is on this; that whenever they release, they will try to hit the market well before PS4.

one thing we can be certain of is both the xbox 720 and the ps4 are in development NOW.. just a matter of which company pulls the trigger first...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  15. TOFUGil

TOFUGil Member

and look at the problem they had with ring of death..rather they work out the kinks before releasing it.

16. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Would explain their sales figures too... the amount of replacements, I know I for one have bought quite alot.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 360, but quality control is awful.

Would much rather they spend the time making sure this one works, full stop.

17. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

RROD issues were fixed ages ago. They won't make the same mistake.
    As for quality control, both of my consoles are in fine working order (one being an early 2008, the other a more recent 'S' model)

I want to know if it's going to be dx11? Surely it'd have to be.

18. p3t0r

p3t0r Member

late 2012 announcement I can believe, release on the other hand? no way.

19. claf-43

claf-43 Member

By fixed you mean the 360 can't display the RROD, yeah :tongue:

They haven't ironed out the bugs by any stretch, and surely half a dozen (probably more) reiterations of the same machine go some way to proving that.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, like the Wii.

20. OP
    OP
    Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

This is more what I was suspecting as well.
    Don't know if they'd announce just before christmas though - would sort of shoot their christmas sales for current (well, current then) titles in the foot.

Just good to know the wheels are in motion.

Gotta say, after playing a bit of Skyrim on the 360 last night I'm genuinely amazed at what they're pulling out of this current gen hardware. Still, it's nudging 7 years old...