Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. roamin

roamin Member

yeah but its no different to todays pc market, buy game, install it, add cdkey, checks on the net if its legit, passes test and than throw the disc over your shoulder aiming towards the cupboard, disc is now useless.

i cant sell my pc games either, especially when it comes to steam, so its no different.

if its not like this, i will just hack it like i have hacked my 360 with the rgh when it becomes available.

2. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Indeed, but the difference there is cost... Console games are more expensive than PC games... You're lucky if a console game will drop below $20, whereas most PC games are easily obtainable at $5.

But that's on sale after release... At release, PC games can be bought as low as $30, whereas most AAA console titles are $60-100 depending on where you buy... You really think people will support it if their $60 purchase is permanent?... If I can't get rid of shit titles, I sure won't be splurging that much.

3. roamin

roamin Member

im hearing what you are saying. but i think its the way of the future for consoles. i dont agree with it. especially the shit prices us aussies pay for AAA titles for consoles. but i can see them pushing it to make it happen.

leads to more sales on so on.

you may have a brain and understand gaming and how to get games cheaper for pc and so on. but i also know a lot of stupid people who have no idea and are willing to pay stupid prices for stupid games. in there mind its the only to buy games, ebgames and jb hifi.

not everyone understands the concept of online shopping for games and so on.

what would be good is if you could buy cd keys for consoles just like you can for pc games now days. that way you can find them cheap online and download the game to the console from live or some other means of online download through microsoft just like you can for steam and so on.

4. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

You actually can: http://www.ozgameshop.com/search/download+full+game+code

I think you're also overestimating the market... Locking games to consoles probably won't cause big discount sales for console games. We're used to this big discount online sales for PC games, but unless the console market went purely digital this wouldn't happen.

I can imagine EB Games becoming nothing more than a hot dog cart store, full of cards with codes on them.... but the retailers will have the biggest push against registering games, as their second hand market keeps them alive.

5. roamin

roamin Member

i disagree, if consoles are like they are now and you can play games from the uk and so forth than game codes will become the best way to buy, exactly like i buy my steam games now, through any of the major cd key sites. never buy off steam unless its at 50% off or some shit.

its no different to pc games today. once you buy it you cannot sell it as its linked to your steam account. so whats the difference for consoles?

same with xbox, games will be linked to your xbox profile or whatever they do.

you can buy a $100 steam game for $40 of cd key sites in the uk. why wouldnt you be able to do that with the consoles?

the site you linked is a perfect example of it. $25 for GOW, halo reach and fable 3. you wont get it that cheap in ebgames or jb hifi. to top it off you cant sell these games to ebgames or ebay and so on either.

now make it mainstream to have an always on connection and also have it more popular to buy online than all of a sudden its no different to pc.

i dont remember the last time i bought a pc game that came with a box, i have bought digital copies for years now. i cant sell any off those second hand.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  6. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

And that's exactly my point... The console market is the way it is because selling and lending games is a drawing point.

I do fully agree with you, but the only way your vision will work is if it's implemented right... which it probably won't be.

7. roamin

roamin Member

i dont see it like that as i dont know anyone who shares there games unless there old and there over it anyway.

but my niece and nephews play all there latest games online with there friends which means they all need there own copy anyway.

i dont think its much of a selling point at all actually. i think consoles on there own are the selling point. the lack of having to upgrade like pc's and so on.

all major pc titles are out on console. heck there more titles on console than there is on pc. let alone things like gta5 being on console only on release day.

thats what sells consoles. not the fact you can lend an old game that you are over playing to your next door neighbour.

i build, sell and repair pc's for a business after hours and have had many people tell me they prefer consoles as they can just throw a disk in and it works.

for parents with kids its cheaper to buy a console than what it is to buy a gaming pc. so consoles will always sell well without the fact you can lend a game to bob next door. thats the last reason most people buy a console from everyone i talk to.

my sister has 3 kids, all have there own 32" lcd and xbox. so thats 3x 32" and 3x xbox. yet there pc is a very basic laptop. because its cheaper to do that than it is to worry about pc's and having me maintain them and keep them up to date.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  8. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

So on the follow up of ps4 announcement, MS should be making sure not to make the same mistakes that sony did during their presentation.

E3 is so far away :upset:

9. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

Microsoft really need to take a good look and make sure their system won't lose out compared to some of the awesome features of the PS4 (8GB RAM, secondary CPU for background and offline download/uploads, instant on gaming just to name a few).

10. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

Rumours i've read stated it will have background DL/Instant gaming, also anywhere from 8-16gig of ram (though not ddr5), and a 64 bit processor.

I would really like to see them tout it as the all in one console. Bundle IExplorer with it (need gold sub atm). Have a keyboard with a built in mouse as an affordable accessory, so people want to surf the net on their tv. Don't make it all about social (like the ps4), but have that option there for people that want it.

The games etc are a given, they will look good and they will be made. I think it's everything else that is going to be the selling point!

11. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

You will probably find that there will not be a physical keyboard, you will use your tablet or smartphone for text input.

Chances are it will be like the PS4 when it comes to social media. Although the PS4 will allow you to go "offline" and not use the social media aspects if you wish. MS will probably do the same.

12. AMD64

AMD64 Member

All the current rumours (and those that were inline with the orbis and nearly 100% correct) say.

8GB DDR3
    32MB ESRAM
    1.3TFLOP GPU
    8 Core x86 CPU
    Some Secret Sauce Stuff that will make minor difference.

13. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

So far the ps4 hardware is looking way better :p

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

15. Exige

Exige (Banned or Deleted)

16. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Stop turning consoles into PCs FFS...I just want to play games. The only new tech (as in, disregarding gameplay) I care about is graphics, and a good social side for having internet games with friends, if I want it, and I want to be able to disable when I want to hermit.

One other thing I wouldn't mind is a half decent media player, something like XBMC rather than the absolute rubbish that the current consoles use. I actually use my TV's built in crappy network file playing software(samsung allshare), because it's BETTER and works with more formats than the useless piece of shit media player otherwise known as a PS3.

17. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

And you can do just that. Read an interview or two before going on a little rant.

18. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

I think my media player rant is justified though. Will ps4/new xbox be able to competently stream stuff from various sources and in various formats, or will it again be a buggy unreliable piece of shit with hardly any features and crap format support?

19. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

Don't turn consoles into PC's.

But make a console that can run tons of media, like a PC.

20. Exige

Exige (Banned or Deleted)

A WDTV isn't a PC, yet it can play media just fine.

I use my 360 for two things, games and watching videos. It's great for the first and abysmal for the second. The fact I need a PC to make the 2nd work instead of a dedicated NAS is ridculous.

So having reasonable media support is not 'turning it into a PC'.