Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. MagyaR

MagyaR Member

Oh well, at least the ports from console to pc will be better once the new consoles come out. :rolleyes:

2. MrBS

MrBS Member

Well as it has come to light in the past MS just let these flaws out the door so they could meet an arbitrary launch date.... quite certain that could happen again. Not just MS either ;)

3. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

People actually play the Wii?! I've had one since new and used it twice. One of those times was setting it up. Lol.

4. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Im talking build quality, why is it all my old consoles still work 100% yet I have gone through several 360s?

I'd like em to release something 100% at launch, and hopefully without stupid freezing... crashing... Problems etc etc.

But I know that will never happen.

5. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

PS2 started the trend I think. 0 friends still have their original fat PS2. Everyone still has their N64.

6. lombot

lombot Member

Think about all the moving parts in a modern console vs. 0 moving parts in cartridge driven consoles.

7. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

yeah, but its a "get a few drinks and a few mates over" type of console....punched out mario, cricket, house of the dead and big game hunting etc...

Ill buy a ps3 now still, even though prices have been dropping and continue to do so

8. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

My hope is that this is indeed true and that Halo 4 will be a launch title... I don't want Halo 4 to be a 360 game, then 5 and 6 to be an XboxNext titles.

Notice we haven't seen any gameplay footage from Halo 4 yet? Even if it was officially announced for the 360, perhaps they changed their mind, or are going to release it on both systems.

The gorgeous pre-rendered announcement trailer for Halo 4 would also further make the gameplay look like crap as you can only push a 6 year old console so far.

9. claf-43

claf-43 Member

I understand, but tech should improve too, esp over 20 years, then the software issues....

Rightly or wrongly you gotta give it to Nintendo as they release games and systems that don't require patches to fix bugs.

Sony and MS are just lazy.

Some games have launched with huge fundamental issues, as I hear Skyrim has too.

10. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

I would like to know what these issues with Skyrim on console are? I've put 50+ hours into it so far on my 360 - had one freeze when moving between area's - but I had, had it on for 8 or so hours.

11. claf-43

claf-43 Member

12. frizzl

frizzl Member

Umm. Obviously build quality comes into it, things like manufacturing costs etc. If the QC was increased, the cost increases, and Microsoft wouldn't be competitive anymore. It's a fact of life.

There's also the fact that the N64/SNES etc aren't as technical as a Xbox I suppose?

13. claf-43

claf-43 Member

I'm happy to accept that, but when you see a game of the scale of Zelda which is supposedly 50-100 hours worth (yeah I doubt it) that isnt gonna have game preventing glitches in it.

It's quality control, and MS and Sony (and their developers) seem to take the 'oh we can patch it later' attitude all the time, just because the console allows it. Where as Nintendo need to make sure it's working from day one as they can't do updates.

I know for one, I couldnt trade any players on NBA 2k11 at launch on my 360, and it wasn't fixed for sometime. A friend has 2k12 on PS3, he's having significant issues with the My Player mode... etc etc

I'd just like to see more emphasis on quality control, but as I have said, it aint gonna happen, companies want their money and the public are too stupid to kick up about it.

14. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Back to the topic more, I'd be happy to pay more for a console if they take the time to ensure it's reliable rather then take my luck again with a launch 360, of which I doubt many are still working...

We shouldnt accept a piece of electronics is just gonna fail within a month or even 5 years because it has moving parts... if I have audio equipment that is generating far more heat for instance that has lasted decades.

15. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

My brother still has an original gen 1 360, still works. I bought one a year or so later, also still works. I still have an original xbox from when you got one free with a phone :p

A friend who puts his 360 in poorly ventilated cabinets / under piles of crap has gone through a few despite our warnings.

16. ndt

ndt Member

so what should be expect to see in the new console? Blu-ray would be a given, never really understood why MS when with DVDs anyway.

More 3D titles?

17. koolkidd

koolkidd Member

They didn't go with dvd entirely, they chose HD-DVD in the whole war with sony, and it flopped so they were stuck with just dvd. Would be interesting to see how they tackle it, theres word going around that they will try a massive push on digital copies over a new format

18. 5entinel

5entinel Member

They should provide more keyboard and mouse support for consoles. I don't see why no one has ever attempted to provide native support? I mean, we have to resort to purchasing expensive peripherals which have input lag and what not and have to calibrate them.

Don't see any harm other than it might move a lot of PC gamers to buying a console.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  19. Falcon

Falcon Member

$5 non propriatry peripheral vs $50+ for their own pockets.
    But i agree, give us support, even if its their own versions so they still reep the profits.

20. kizzav

kizzav Member

I have a working PS2 with a network adaptor & HDD :Pirate:. Plus, the console was bought 2nd hand. We also have a working PS1. We've gone through 2x 360's however. TOUCH WOOD NOW! Onto our 3rd & 4th (2 in one house).

In this day & age, it wouldn't surprise me. It's been happening on PC's for years. Consoles have played catch-up & offer Games On Demand.

Personally however, I'd prefer to be able to physically see & touch the games I buy, especially if it came down to consoles.

Imagine in the future, everyone would have to download a 8GB+ game after paying $99+ (special MS price cause they love us all :mad: & it'd be the only place you could buy downloadable games), only to sit there & watch it download for the next umpteen hours & not be able to play it instanly, for cheaper, like back in those days of a thing called an Optical Disc.

Optical Discs FTW!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011