1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. TheDayWalker

TheDayWalker Member

Has there been any info on Xbox live and what pricing that will be?

2. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Will see what happens come E3, but I think every upcoming game that's on current systems will not look that different at all.

3. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

mandatory installs for all games... second hand games or even borrowing a game will require a fee to be paid... bravo... well done... you idiots...

4. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

Wonder how EB feel about this, given that the majority of their profit comes from second hand games...

5. power

power Member

I remember the 360 reveal and them showing off Kameo, it looked frickin' amazing - where's that reveal?

Also the name - sucky suck, nearly as bad as PS4 (unimaginative boringness) Oh and WiiU, there's another shit boring name. Dare I say it, have consoles stagnated - is this a release for the sake of releases (ie to keep up with PC).

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  6. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

Link for that?

7. claf-43

claf-43 Member

We will see if that include that little info in their inevitable preorder email :)

You'd think they would be mighty pissed.

I remember that, but the game was a bit of a let down.

Maybe they are trying to start a number sequence with this one... though I reckon Infinity sounds 100000 times better, but beck so did the Nintendo Revolution, but the Wii clearly grabbed a big audience so who is to know... Still shit name.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  8. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

I wouldn't rule it out entirely, Windows Media Player now supports MKV format by default.

I just hope it allows for streaming from a network share like my WD TV Live does, I don't want to be fucking around with libraries and media servers.

9. AthlonMan

It's worse than PS4. Ps4 is fine, it is what it is. Xbox one was released around 2001!

10. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Its also been confirmed the Xbox One TV services are all US only at this stage. If you want to watch the conference, you may as well skip the first 30mins as its totally irrelevant to the aussie market

Admittedly the COD and Forza games look nice, but nothing groundbreaking. I'll be saving up for a nice PC upgrade I think :o

If I fee the urge to get a nextgen console....well I think it'll be PS4

11. hosh0

hosh0 Member

The one technical spec I don't get is DDR3 ram? Wtf? Given Sony showed their hand first surely, MS would have matched it. I'd have like to see it a bit more future proof with GDDR5. Would have thought game devs would have enjoyed the extra bandwith as well.

12. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Eh if they announce GT6 on the PS4 at E3 me= sold.

13. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

hopefully the logitech G25/27/fantec wheels will work on the new One, people wont want to buy new wheels for huge prices for forza

14. AthlonMan

GDDR5 is expensive. MS are taking the budget route this time.

15. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

"I have numerous broad complaints about the conference itself, not enough games being shown is the most obvious, but this news strikes me as slightly dishonest. The press release refers to the Xbox One as “the ultimate all-in-one home entertainment system” but not one person on stage mentioned the fact that another device would be required for Live TV."

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/xb...stralia-at-launch-requires-a-separate-device/

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/xbox-one-in-australia-were-looking-at-the-nuances-in-each-market/

16. claf-43

claf-43 Member

I'm willing to bet they wont.

17. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

EB Games deleted my comment (on facebook) asking how they felt about the pay a fee to play pre owned games....

18. mmBax

mmBax Member

MS Shares dropped at close of business after the launch apparently. Can completely understand why.

I wasn't really interested in buying a new console, but it's got nothing at all that I'd be interested in at all. Market seems to be targeted towards people that don't have any current HTPC or media setups.

19. claf-43

claf-43 Member

Sony's went up alot too... :lol:

HAHAHA :lol::lol: :thumbup::thumbup:

Sweep it under the rug for now EB :)

20. Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger Member

Both the Xbox 1 and PS4 to me are a big let down. If Grand theft auto is available on the 360 and GT6 on the PS3 i wont be upgrading anytime soon. The PS3 was awesome and the 360 after they got the heat issues was a great machine but from the small part i saw both consoles are nothing special. Sad really.