1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft Xbox One, Xbox One S Discussion

Discussion in 'Microsoft Consoles' started by Arch-Angel, Nov 17, 2011.

1. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Welcome to the new generation of not being allowed to play games straight away. It will make us all remember our N64s even more fondly.

God forbid you ever use the theme of a game to make something of a different genre. No, only samey sequels allowed please!

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. stitch512

stitch512 Member

The games do take a while to install. I swear sometimes I could download them faster than I could install them from a disc. Usually my download speed on xbox live is lightning quick and can easily download more than 10+gb an hour. Sometimes it is slow but not often, unlike my PS4 which downloads really really slowely. I hope that xbox gets the same instal times as the PS4 games as it is much quicker, but if your wanting to play multiplayer right away your still screwed waiting for patches like any other game I guess. Difference now is that patches are huge.

3. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

does that not require the xbox to be in stand by off? e.g. not full off?

in which case that would not be 'problem solved' as i want my xbox to actually turn off when i turn it off...

Mainly because it seems my fetch tv box remote likes to turn on the xbox (when in stand by off) every time i touch a button. very annoying.

If the xbone was useful for other things like streaming media from my file server (Mkv's etc) watching nba game time(like the x360...) i might consider having it on stand by on, however for now i'm not paying a bigger power bill just so i dont have to download 1.5gb of updates on the rare occasion i want to play a game.

4. hoges25

hoges25 Member

Got up this morning, Xbox wouldn't turn on. Checked connections and power board, all good. Noticed there wasn't a light on the power brick. "That's odd" I thought to myself. Pick up power brick to find THE MOTHER OF ALL ANTS NESTS taking up residence in the power brick.

I thought it would be ok just ordering one from MS. But no, it's never that easy. They want the old ant hill back before they send me the power brick I'M PAYING $52 FOR. 80 MINUTES LATER on live chat they finally concede to send me a new one first, but they still want me to return it even though I'm paying for it.

I was considering a surface pro 3, but if that's the type of support I can expect I don't think I'll be following through on that one.

5. Mau1wurf1977

Mau1wurf1977 (Banned or Deleted)

Eeeew that's disgusting. Might be time to clean your place :)

6. newtosystems

newtosystems Member

how much bigger does the bill going to be if its on stand by mode :lol:

Give it time and i am sure it will do all those things. From what I read a lot of people are doing 180s on the xbox being a whole media system where as when it was first announced there was so much hate about it.

I am happy they are releasing updates. External hdd drive support on next patch for example.

7. hoges25

hoges25 Member

It is clean, that's the weirdest thing. Apparently they just like the warmth. Our area has a problem with cockroaches and the like so we have bait around for that.

Never had an ant problem in the year that we've been here. It was also upstairs and there are no trails leading anywhere.

8. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

not much obviously, but still it does not help the fact that the kinect recognizes my remotes signal as 'turn on' all the time, very annoying.

but hey its all good, lets all just waste power, so Microsoft can get our xbox's to the point they should of been on launch without interrupting my 2 hours or less of game time per week :thumbup: :rolleyes:

9. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Ants are attracted to electronics for some reason, I had a friend who's video card one day suddenly went up in smoke and he found it was covered in ants.

10. iinsom

iinsom Member

Just about every game has a day 1 patch now days, and you can thank the publishers for making these ridiculous deadlines for the devs to adhere too, so there is parts of the game that need fixing, patching before its playable. But because the game has to be put onto discs by a certain date, the only way they can fix it is with a day 1 patch..

Also, theres nothing wrong with Xbox servers, downloaded Watch Dogs this morning in about half an hour..

11. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Yeah I usually always max out my connection on xbox servers. Watch dogs day 1 patch was only 90mb. The smallest of any game on the system so far lol.

Watch dogs is pretty good, there is so much side missions and content to do that I have only done 3 story missions so far and I have a completed 10% of the game. The graphics are also great as well. Not 2012 reveal, but still really good. I do however have this on my lougeroom tv and I am sitting like 4-5m back. Once I go back to my gaming tv it may be a whole other story.

12. Sledge

Sledge Member

13. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

hey guys i just bought a xbox one today, it came with watch dogs, i setup the xbox but when i put the game disc in nothing happens at all. is there something im not doing right ????

14. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Does it come up saying that the game is installing? Should say on the bottom right of the main dashboard screen.

15. hoges25

hoges25 Member

10 days later and MS haven't even sent it. Spent over 3hrs dealing with customer support and lied to various times. Promised call back on several occasions but never came. Pretty fed up at this point, been an Xbox user for nearly a decade and to be treated like this over a stupid power supply is beyond abysmal. I used to work in retail so I'm used to idiots and are usually pretty patient with call centres, but my patience was lost a long time back.

Three million consoles and they can't spare a single PSU. I won't be buying another MS product for a long time, that's for sure.

EDIT: 'Sunshine' from live chat claims that a tier 2 team member will call me first thing in the morning. I live in hope, but expect this won't happen either.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  16. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Sounds pretty unacceptable to me.

Which department are you talking to exactly? is it MS itself or a 3rd party.

Write up the details of your experience and send them to me in a PM, I work at MS (not in support) but I might be able to get you some attention, make sure to include your xbl handle in the PM.

17. MrBS

MrBS Member

The first xbone games for gold titles are up. Also mad lols at that recent 'sale' of Killer Instict Ultra from USD$39.99 to USD$34.99 score! :p

18. trop

trop Member

With the experience they got handling problems with the 360, you think MS's support division would be really good.

19. hoges25

hoges25 Member

Thanks mate, I'll shoot you a PM when I get off work.

I had to do warranty jobs a few times with the 360 and they were great at the time. Not sure why this is such an issue.

20. trop

trop Member

Halo: Spartan Assault & Max : The Curse of Brotherhood are both free now for gold members as the start of Games with Gold on the xbone. Its not signed up very well (at all that I could see) but if you go the games they are free.

Crimson Dragon is 50% off aswell.