Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by hosh0, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Tekin

Tekin Member

This looks awesome. Just picked it up, got two controllers to be picked up tomorrow morning, and then it'll be widescreen madness.

Apparently I'm meant to be putting in retic on the weekend. Think that plan just got changed!

2. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Whether you are good at this game or not comes down to "Have you played any of the latest Batman Games" if so, the combat is essentially the same (which is fucking awesome).

Im not having any issues at the moment in regards to difficulty. The only times i have died is when i get too cocky or do something stupid.

3. Code_Nerd

Code_Nerd Member

OK so I didn't know you could throw daggers, how do you do this?

4. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

It's an ability you have to spec into. I believe it's a second tier ability. Doesn't do much more than build a hit streak and knock back an enemy though.

5. DarKAu

DarKAu Member

Ugh, what's there to do in end-game when you've dominated everything ? I liked the system when there was conflict, but now there's like..nothing...so boring :(

6. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

Go to a tower and let time pass. Alternatively create the conflict, get one warlord to riot another and see what happens etc.

7. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

8. NrGx

NrGx Member

Yeah I'm in the same place at the moment. It would be great if you could play it when it was half downloaded but you just wouldn't have access to the later parts of the game and it would download in the background. Looking forward to it though!

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

got 90fps in benchmark @ 1080p seem about right? havent updated drivers for while.

tbh doesnt look the prettiest fps should be higher i rkn, not the best optimised.

10. Spork!

Spork! Member

I found that too, but I was just running around getting the treasure, killing, being killed...

Once I went back to the actual story missions it did start explaining, step by step, the more complex mechanics. Most of the stuff I'm finding fairly intuitive though.

The more I play, the more I like! And I'm fianally starting to get the hang of the combat (or maybe just getting stronger and better at knowing which fights to pick) and winning more than I loose.

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

quite a complex game at first (to learn)

keep dying hehe.. if u kill a captain but then die what happens to the thing he drops?

12. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

It hangs about until you pick it up. It'll show up as either a sword, dagger or bow on your map.

13. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Member

Great game! Just finished it. Felt ridiculously overpowered in the end and really after getting to the second map nothing felt that difficult. I could slaughter hundreds of guys with multiple bosses around and barely feel threatened.

Tempted to play again on a harder difficulty and see how I go.

Edit: Probably wouldn't play again soon without being able to turn off the slow mo for the execution moves, fun at first but just tedious after a while.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

did you find the intel on weaknesses etc useful or just fight em till they die?

15. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

Use the weaknesses, you can end a fight before it gets started. Once you get brand, brand a war chiefs captain, then issue a death threat and finally use another war chief you already dominate to issue a riot command. Then don't go to the story mission start point but instead the riots start point.

You can't lose and it completes the associated story mission.

Of course once you've powered up fully and finish the story, create havoc however you please, sometimes I run into a strong hold full of captains and trigger all their hates just for the challenge.

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

sounds complex lol

17. Code_Nerd

Code_Nerd Member

So how do you brand a captain and dominate a Warchief?

I have killed all the Warchiefs and just have Ratbag (storyline) to go, not aware of any branding or domination tactics yet..

18. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

You learn branding as a story mission in the second map area.

19. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Loving this game. It takes the best bits of batman games, assassins Creed, gives a great lotr flavour, has very real consequence for being killed, it can be challenging....

Most engaging game for me in years.

I cheered when I took out the last warchief in the first portion. A genuine challenge.

20. shizmo

shizmo Member

Totally agree. Tis great don't want it to end :(

Wish the war-chiefs would get more hardcore towards the end when you are godly... It's satisfying to be godly but I would love to have my ass handed to me in the late game like it did at the start (Which made it worth the progression)