Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by hosh0, Feb 28, 2014.

1. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Haha I did!

His weakness was attacks from beasts so I thought sweet I’ll mount a caragor and come riding in like a boss, did that, 1 shot caragor dead, next shot I’m dead lol. That’s when I realised I fed him too much xp. He has that trait where he doesn’t kill unworthy foes so I didn’t know his power increased coz he never technically killed me.

I hate that guy so much now, I guess you can says he’s my nemesis, the system works lol :thumbup:

Also hate when you’re about to kill a captain but he escapes the area and nowhere to be found coz he crossed the border :thumbdn:

2. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

How do you stop sound coming from the controller? PS4 people.

3. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

Hold down the playstation button and go to device options. You should see settings for the controller which will allow you to set volume etc.

4. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

sigh, I wish you could turn off the slo-mo executions.

the "20s unlimited executions" skills is really only good for 4-5 hits. So in actual play-time more like 10 seconds max.

Fuck I hate it when they do that.

5. dragonFLAME

dragonFLAME Member

I'm onto the second map and want to go back to complete a few things, is it possible?

6. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

Yup fast travel just click the icon on the map

7. dragonFLAME

dragonFLAME Member

Sweet

Is it worth doing all the bow/sword/dagger side missions?

I feel like i'm OP at the moment.

8. Spork!

Spork! Member

They will make you even more OP.
    Worth doing if you want to get all the story-line / lore I guess, or if you want the Steam acheivements.

9. Loadingdread

Loadingdread Member

Anyone in the Parramatta area who could hook me up with the game files? It's going to take me 20 hours to download.

10. kreegor

kreegor Member

I've been playing this on PC with a 360 controller and the transition between kb+m and 360 controller is seamless.

The only issue I'm having is unfamiliarity with the controller. I often fail quick time events because I can't recall quick enough where each button is.

This game is awesome! I went to play it for a little bit before bed last night, nek minute 4am :tired:

11. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Oh man, this.

Im not super familiar with the Xbox controller (used PS3 for a long time) and i keep failing the last chance quick times because i hit the wrong button :(

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Did a mission that said I get unlim finishers for 20 seconds, when does that come or how do I activate?

Also gmg October code doesn't seem to work anymore.

13. WuzzA21

WuzzA21 Member

This, 6 times out of 10 I die because of this.

14. kreegor

kreegor Member

It's good to know I'm not the only console controller noob :)

15. raGneG

raGneG Member

Clocked the main story today. Really liked the story/lore involved in this game. Everything else Middle Earth gaming wise always follows the book time/lore/story/characters. Really nice to see some approved/accepted new characters and stories. Thought the tie ins were all really good.

Gameplay was super good for the first 1/2 then the difficulty curve gave way to slaughtering at will which lessened the games appeal for me. I felt like a dominating god. But that was to be expected. The ending was really easy/quick but I don't mind that, difficulty doesn't always have to ramp up.

8.5/10, keen for the DLCs.

16. Code_Nerd

Code_Nerd Member

This is what I thought also, keen to see what the DLCs have in store.

17. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Finished the main story line last night.

Was a really fun game.
    The ending was a tab anti-climactic but the gameplay was awesome.

Took me 24 Hours in total which included doing side missions and collecting stuff.
    Well worth the ~$34 i payed :)

Highly recommended for anyone who likes LOTR or the combat in Batman.

18. Tekin

Tekin Member

So is it worth trying the controller? I'm a proper console noob.

I must say, the mouse and keyboard for arrow headshots (in mid combo!) is just awesome. Jump over somebody, hit two of the shield defenders in the head in absolutely slowmo, return to realtime and keep fighting. Helps also that I've got some relics that on headshots give me chance to regain focus/health as well as scaring orcs.

Though now (since I've just got the 'dominate' function) I just dominate them in the middle of battle - very useful to not have them smacking their shields into you!

19. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

If you arent used to the controller (especially for free aiming) it might be better to stick with mouse and keyboard. You will become quickly frustrated with the QTE's and aiming if you arent used to it

I found the controller much better mainly due to playing from the couch and that i have been using a controller for ages.

20. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I've got a love/hate relationship for this game.

I really dislike how new captains spawn at exactly the wrong moment like when I'm on really low health and just about to kill the captain. Most of the time I rally when this happens but what shits me is that a ranged captain spawns, usually with poison.

I've got over dying, although getting the second second chance never works even when I've clearly got a fraction of the bar left, but losing a high rank captain who is on next to no life who I want to interrogate frustrates me.

Also, the spawn rate needs to be slower as it's really immersion breaking having orcs spawn on you.

Other than that, can't stop playing! I appreciate that some stuff is just too hard at lower levels and building a rhythm of death is excellent, although I'd prefer to have corpses piled high around me so I can stand atop them and think them not too many.