Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by hosh0, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

Hopefully can pre-load soon!!! So pumped and glad I only paid $37odd for it!

2. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

6GB of VRAM required to run on Ultra? And only at 1080p? And people actually think this will run well?

Bahahahahhaa

"Buh--buh-but it runs at 30FPS on low @ 800x600!"

GTX980s are barely out the door, and shitty ports like this already make them obsolete

There's not one fucking thing in any of the videos that would warrant 6GB.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  3. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

Good let's just shit on games before they are even released. Your posts are typically negative about games you have no interest in but you feel the need to spew up the same crap. Typical high poppy syndrome of people with nothing better to do.

4. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

I mentioned nothing of the game, not a single thing, I mentioned ridiculous system requirements based on the facts presented in this thread

[​IMG]

5. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

You said and I quote

So you have already made the assumption the game won't run well and is a shitty port just because of one setting screenshot and no real world feedback yet. And going off that screenshot I'd suggest they are talking about system ram not VRAM. But anyway the fact that you have already come to the conclusion it's a shitty port and won't run well means you are talking about the game.

Or are you too blind sided by your bias to see that?

edit: troll harder next time.

edit: also talk of no pc review copies going out is wrong.

http://www.pcgamer.com/au/2014/09/2...ordor-video-max-settings-at-2560x1440-on-lpc/

edit 3: also pc and ps4 review up on IGN and they still said it's fantastic...

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/09/26/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  6. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

Wow

I sometimes wonder if the people I'm talking to here are even adults.

Yeah, despite the fact that the 1080p screenshot provided from the real world specifically states 'video memory usage'

Performance and gameplay are also unrelated, so I still have no idea what you're on about there. If we're going to quote me, let's quote me properly:

hosh0, everyone.

7. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

It says it is what has the most impact on video memory usage but then says just memory when talking about requirements. Not to mention it is only saying that high an amount when you want to install a separate Ultra texture pack.

And again I've now clearly pointed out where you were talking about the game and then you come back with some earlier reply (days earlier) that was talking about something totally different. So unless you are now saying that when you say a game is a shitty port and it won't run well you aren't talking about the game, then I just showed you where you were talking about the game.

But then lets just change the subject and pull a reply from several days earlier like it's related. I'm not saying you said the gameplay will be shit, I clearly wrote you are shitting on a game before it's realeased and have no idea how it actually performs, despite those who have played it saying the opposite.

But continue to try and worm your way out of it, it's fun to see :thumbup:

8. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

Wow

Worm my way out of what?

Everything you just claimed before you started editing your post over and over was just debunked, what's left to worm my way out of?

hosh, performance, lazy port jobs and ridiculous system requirements have nothing to do with the game or gameplay itself. Would you like me to repeat that in three other languages?

Does the hostility come from defending your purchase or something?

9. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

I didn't edit any of my content that I had previously written just added more edits to give you links. And I can't believe you are now saying that if the game runs like shit and is a poor pc port it has nothing to do with the game?

So if a game runs terribly and is choppy as hell you aren't talking about the game but you are talking about what?

Maybe we just have different definitions of what it means to talk about a game, but for me performance and how it runs is about the game cause you know if it runs like shit it usually means its impacting the game. Again I'm not saying you said the gameplay was bad but you are talking about the game when you mention how it performs.

edit: And no this hostility has nothing to do with my purchase I generally don't give a shit what others think of a game if I enjoy it and it's a terrible game I still had fun so it was worth it to me, this hostility comes from thread after thread after thread of people who have no interest in a game finding the need to go in and just bag games that others are excited about and for what purpose?

10. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Yeah I agree, so much negativity by certain people in this forum section, before the game is even out

11. raGneG

raGneG Member

Hrm they're not requirements. They're options. You don't have to set it at that.. they've given you the option. Maybe because if PC's today can't do it PCs of tomorrow can and will keep it looking nice into the GOTY and steam bargain sales in a year, two years time? Fuck you love an argument..

My Titan has 6GB, I'll give it a go.

Oh wait, Philll is temp banned....... again...?

12. r8response

r8response Member

He requested it.... good riddance.

He comes into the gaming section, proceeds to act as if he is some sort of authority on what constitutes a good game. He then proceeds to shit can anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view. When he realises people are aware of his bullshit, he crawls back to the Site Discussion section and asks for another "ban".

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  13. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

14. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

And by the usual suspect.

:thumbup:

He needs his own phorum, he clearly doesn't play nicely with others.

15. OP
    OP
    hosh0

hosh0 Member

Also pre-loading is now up and I suggest everyone gets started, it's nearly 30gb!

16. Code_Nerd

Code_Nerd Member

Ill have that in no time on my fibre connection! ;)

Can't wait!!

17. omen_child

omen_child Member

Has anyone buying from GMG received their code yet to pre-load?

18. rap

rap Member

33gb! Ouch.

I am going overseas for 10 days on Monday morning lol, so no Orc slaying for me until I get back! :(

Really excited about this game though. I love LOTR, and LOTRO has kind of died in the ass for me, so hopefully this reinvigorates me to get back into it.

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

So this is basically LOTR meets Assassin's Creed right?

20. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

I'd say more meets batman arkham series.
    The combat in AssCreed is woeful compared to Batman.

Statitica likes this.