Minecraft

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Broden, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Sammells

Sammells Member

I haven't heard anything. They may be pre-occupied with the release of the Xbox version for a while.........that's just my speculation. Hope that helps :)

2. Brett

Brett Member

Any tips on importing an existing Tekkit SP save to a fresh Tekkit MP server?

3. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

So, ol' Zistie-yow (Zisteau) is running a fanart shirt contest to win some shirts and 25 bucks and stuff, and I couldn't help myself and had to make something for it :3

This is my submission for the contest (56k warning LUL)
    http://i.imgur.com/5q2Ny.jpg - example
    http://i.imgur.com/Pgx7r.png - source

I watch quite a few of the lets players on utubs/twitch and I normally refrain from participating in this stuff but etho, zisteau and beef are too awesome to not participate when they have contests and community stuff :)

4. MoorKhan

MoorKhan Member

Pretty cool :thumbup:

I reckon most of the mindcrack guys are awesome, their team UHC seasons are some of the more interesting ongoing youtube shows :D

5. htpcfan

htpcfan Member

anyone here tried Sonic Ether's GL Shader MOD and Optifine 1.3.1? awesome graphics and lighting mod, but I feel I'm not doing something right as my fps is now barely above 20 - on an i5-2500K and ATI 6950 rig.

6. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I'm a fan of a majority of them.

can't say that I care much for guude, pause or vechs (even tho vechs isnt mindcrack) but yeah, the rest of them are quite good.. the prank wars, uhc and all those things are good fun to watch.

7. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

Speaking of the mindcrack UHC. the next season is supposedly only a day or two away from airing (bdubs let the cat out of the bag) :D

8. Fettrix

Fettrix Member

I want a bdubs/docm/etho in one body. IMO that would be a most entertaining LP'er.

Guude i cant stand his laugh but oh well, the rest of the mindcrackers (minus the 3 above) are imo boring annot worth the time. Etho/Docm for the technical aspect of minecraft, bdubs for the comdey.

9. qwertylesh

qwertylesh Member

I like the laugh, but deplore the revolting unapologetic bad attitude towards people he displays publicly.

10. htpcfan

htpcfan Member

anyone tried running a Minecraft server on an HP Proliant Microserver? curious if it'd have enough grunt to handle maybe a dozen players?

11. jtool

jtool Member

Somewhat agree here, since etho and bdubs are my favourites. Pause has some intelligent discussions in his videos too which is sometimes interesting. Other guys never really interested me that much, although I do like generikb (new guy) because he's a down to earth kinda guy and keeps things entertaining.

12. Brett

Brett Member

Haven't tried vanilla but mine struggled with Tekkit once some quarries and automated trains were operating and that was with only 1 player.

13. BAAZMAN

BAAZMAN Member

Just noticed that the old OCAU server, aka WhopperOhYeah is gone. (and its official website) assuming for good.

I still logged in from time to time just to see if anything was happening with it.

RIP.

A lot of good memories and such a shame it went the way it did. I'd hate to think how much time i spent there if it was all added up lol.

What are the odds of an old back up the map being in someones possession, and being able to get a copy of it for old times sake.

14. King Krapp

King Krapp Member

15. encode

encode Member

Yeah, just noticed that too. Been a while since I played, thought I'd check it out tonight, but it's gone.

Is there another server that OCAU people are using?

16. Morphine

Morphine Member

Wow, just saw this - so sad.

I had many a good night spent on that server, digging out the goldeneye dish.
    I did have a floating city planned but lost interest in MC and had other games to play.
    Might need to grab the map file too so I don't loose my creations :p

17. millsy

millsy Member

I would be interested too :)

18. Braininator

Braininator Member

Apart from the lack of players, does anyone know what specifically happened that caused the closure? I know there was talk of shutting down the server around the start of 2012, but there was no formal announcement of any kind.

Feel free to PM me if the details can't be posted publicly.

At least I managed to score a free pickaxe and hoodie for winning the main building competition.

19. Mau1wurf1977

Mau1wurf1977 (Banned or Deleted)

Hi Minecraft players!

It might be late to join the Minecraft community, but I am wondering where to start in terms of resources / guides / tutorials.

I'm a teacher and my Year 8's are obsessed with Minecraft so I want to learn about it, learn the lingo and maybe use it for some lessons to teach (I'm an IT teacher with not much time for games at the moment).

Specifically the ability to run a server on our LAN, have students connect to it and have everyone build projects or have some sort of scenario and goal.

And education 25 PC licence is ~ $300 so not too bad but I want I always do research into a resource before buying it.

Any comments / suggestions are welcome!

20. Imitation

Imitation Member

I hadn't been paying to host it for 13 months and I probably hadn't logged in (to the console) for 9 months. I thought the reason for demise was pretty clear to everyone although some of the reasons are varied and compounding. You're lucky there's a map available at all.