Minecraft

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Broden, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Kobo_67

Kobo_67 Member

Agree ^^^^^^

Not bad, not bad at all

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  2. sjp770

sjp770 Member

We are back on vanilla Minecraft now, too many issues with spigot.

Wither farm is working well. I have 4x beacons now

3. sjp770

sjp770 Member

Dont laugh at the quality lol.. but I maded a vid

VID

4. sjp770

sjp770 Member

Im running a UHC deathmatch tonight, post your name here if you want to join.

This Saturday night 9pm - OCAU UHC Test run

Rules are as follows:
    for less than 6 players it will be Individual Combat
    If we manage to get 6 players it will 3x teams of 2

The game will be setup for a 2hr map restriction. The way this works is we have a map of 2000x2000 blocks with a world border that reduces over 2hrs until all players are forced into a 250x250 block area. It should be over fairly quickly at that point.

The Nether will be allowed, but it also has shrinking borders. Level 2 potions will be blocked. Keep in mind this is Ultra Hardcore - mobs are harder, a creeper could kill you in one go. You don't regenerate health naturally. If you don't eat your health will go down. If you are full from eating, your health still wont regenerate. The only way to get health is with Golden apples, an apple with 8x gold ingots around it.

Basically the game starts, you get teleported to a random spot on the map. From there you start collecting resources until you can make armor and weapons for the final confrontation.

This will be a test run, there may be a few bugs and it may be laggy unless we shut down the main world and run it on that server.

Also, the Iron farm is now working on our Unofficial OCAU server, outputting 1,300 Iron ingots per hour! If you ever wanted to build some cool things in survival but found resource gathering a pain we have multiple farms to make life easier. Come visit! Unofficial OCAU Minecraft Server

5. koopz

koopz Member

I'm a fan of Direwolf on Curse atm.

It's been a long time since a game required me to upgrade my ram :p

4 mins to load Minecraft seems a bit excessive though

6. sjp770

sjp770 Member

[​IMG]

1.9! Well a snapshot anyway.

7. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Hi all,

I'm having trouble and need your expert help, please!!!

Son wants to play CrazyCraft3 mod, I've downloaded the VoidLauncher and it runs OK and pulls down all the files for CrazyCraft3 just fine. When I go to click the PLAY button for CC3, I get that stupid Java error: "Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit."

Faffed around for some time with Java heap sizes, eventually found the Console for the launcher and saw the actual java log, which gives this error:
    Code:
    java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: http://s3.amazonaws.com/MinecraftSkins/<son-username>.png
    I can't find how to fix this problem, dropping that URL into Firefox gives back an XML file confirming 'Access Denied'

I've dicked around with the profile settings on minecraft.net and

RAGE

Needed to install the 64-bit version of java <headdesk>

8. sjp770

sjp770 Member

Congrats on fixing it :) glad I couldn't help.

9. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

hah :p Still not working, but I'm pretty sure that's because the computer has 'only' got 4Gb RAM - launcher log showed 'Unexpected error' (helpful), but I watched the task manager and the memory is pegged at 90% for about 30 minutes before the JRE throws that error. Will put more memory into it tomorrow!

10. sjp770

sjp770 Member

That shouldn't be the issue. Did you blank out the username in the URL for amazonaws above? Could be a launcher fail

11. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I blanked out the username from the log, yes :) Ergh, I put 8Gb RAM into the machine and it still doesn't work, sigh

12. sjp770

sjp770 Member

Mind doing a log dump wrapped in the [ code ] ... [ /code ] brackets so its not spam?

Check the profile in the launcher. You can specify which Java exe to use, also check the -xmx and -mxs values. Of you want to run the game with a Max of 1Gb its actually written 1G not 1Gb

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  13. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Cool, thanks, I will so dump the log. I was letting java do the memory management itself, and it was consuming all 4Gb of RAM, so bumped it up to 8Gb. Meantime, Crundycraft has installed and runs just fine, so it's something to do specifically with CrazyCraft.

Edit: I did play around with setting the allowable amount of RAM, using <x>G, but it didn't make any difference, still bombed.

14. fenixblack

fenixblack Member

I have a private hosted Minecraft server if any one is interested.
    3 slots remaining.

PM me for details and cost.

15. Lenqt

Lenqt Member

i have always wanted to get into minecraft anyone know a server i could join.

i have only played on my own single player 1.7.10 modded.

16. AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

17. hurgh

hurgh Member

Personal Server

Hi All,

Just for anyone that may be looking for a server to join, I am running a personal server:

mc.hurgh.org

Please message me if you would like to be white-listed to join.

I have been playing on there for a few months now by myself and I am starting to get a bit tired of it being so quiet.

There are no massive builds or any automated stuff at the moment.

Any questions, let me know.

-Hurgh-

18. warrenr

warrenr Member

finally got around to building a minecraft server on ubuntu, but my question is whats the best tool to allow someone else access to the server console (spigot)

I've looked around (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/admincontrol-server-remote-control.10639/) but couldnt get it to connect over ddns

Its for my kids server - so I just know him and some other kids will be experimenting. I'm hoping for a tool which will allow access only to the minecraft server and not the whole server and potentially everything on my personal lan!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  19. Imitation

Imitation Member

EDIT: I was replying to your pre-edit which I had sitting in my email... you can probably disregard as it looks like you solved your problem? And are now looking for something else.

There will be scripts out there that you can use.. I have no idea where you would look - minecraft forums, github, etc.

Here are some very basic instructions:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install tmux
    tmux new -s minecraft /your/path/to/minecraft/thestuffyoutypetostarttheserver

Minecraft server will start into console.
    Ctrl-B then D to disconnect and it will run in the background. Do not press Ctrl-C or you will kill the server process.

To connect back to the server console:
    Code:
    tmux a -t minecraft

To have the server start on boot:
    Code:
    crontab -e

You might be prompted to choose a text editor - press 2? for Nano. I think Nano is default anyway.
    Then go to the bottom of the text.
    Type:

Code:
    @reboot tmux new -s minecraft /your/path/to/minecraft/thestuffyoutypetostarttheserver
    (the same stuff you wrote at the start)

There are going to be much much much better ways but that will do the trick.
    You can stop reading here...

You could save each of the start and connect parts into a file call start.sh and connect.sh by opening nano like this in your home directory:

Code:
    nano start.sh
    and

Code:
    nano connect.sh

Paste the relevant bit and then Ctrl-O to save.
    Then Ctrl-C to exit nano.
    Then set the file executable.

Code:
    chmod +x start.sh
    Repeat for connect.sh
    Then instead of @reboot tmux.... put
    Code:
    @reboot /path/to/start.sh
    When you want to connect or start just type

Code:
    ./connect.sh

or
    Code:
     ./start.sh

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  20. warrenr

warrenr Member

wow thanks mate! yeah - you're right, I stumbled across the screen command
    so now I know how to switch between screens (but reading your post is prompting me to work on the autostart scripts now!)

as for admin I then stumbled across mcmyadmin, which appears to do what I want, but I've no idea how to move the spigot server across
    In any case I'm in the process of upgrading the default mcmyadmin to spigot, copying the save world and plugins.

one question on worldedit
    I cant seem to get wand to work
    I've left clicked followed by right to select the 2 corners, followed by //set 1 but it always says make a region selection first
    I'm pretty new, but my 10 YO says its just not working like it should. Short of signing up on another server is the plugin working ok?

would be awesome if you could test - server is centraldiamonds.duckdns.org

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016