1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Display Port to HDMI 2.0 4K @ 60Hz

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by minireza, Mar 22, 2016.

1. minireza

minireza Member

Hi guys,

I want to know if anyone on here has had any experience with this cable?

http://www.alogic.com.au/cabling-so...dmi-cable-with-4k-support-male-to-male-detail

The setup I have is a surface Pro 3 that I know can run 4K @ 60Hz to my Phillips PC monitor (I do it all the time) over Mini DP to DP 1.2 cable, but now in the living room I have a new Hisense 4K TV monitor that only has HDMI 2.0.

Done lots of googling around, and cables + adapters to do this @60Hz seem to be quite new in the market and before I go and spend the money on the above cable, it would be good to know that people are using these cables (alogic).

If you know anyone in sydney who also stocks the cable it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. havabeer

havabeer Member

i didn't think hdmi could support 4k @60hz... only 30hz

3. Renza

Renza Member

hdmi 2.0 can support 4k @ 60hz

4. OP
    OP
    minireza

minireza Member

Anybody out there??

5. MotoMan

MotoMan Member

6. Joehax

Joehax Member

Any displayport 1.2 or hdmi 2.0 compliant cable will do, but the input on the device needs to support it too. I found out my monitor doesn't do 4k @ 60hz over hdmi, but will over DP..

7. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

the problem here is that this isn't a cable it's a converter hence why OP wants to know if anyone has gone one working before putting down the cash.

8. TaroT

TaroT Member

http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/pr...layport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-active-adapter.html

yeah at a guess this is the one released for dopey AMD (read me) that only has hdmi 1.4 ....my only issue is I have full size DP ports so would the big little converter screw things up...probably not but still a waste of what 50 bucks if it doesn't work.

what I want is a DP port on tv sets ya lazy bastards :) but in my opinion and based on the link I threw up there it should be fine