Mini ITX Owners Club and Discussion

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by XoNikzDeVil, Nov 5, 2009.

1. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

It was more just to let you know that they're available if you were still interested haha... Glad your Dancase is working out well for you tho

2. Tazor

Tazor Member

Anyone out there with a requirement for under 50mm high coolers should know that the Alpenfoehn Black Ridge is now available.

It's a very compact, higher performing and really cool looking design which would allow for better cooling than the old L9i/C7 set-ups that most SFF builders are required to use.
    Ordered mine with a 120x15mm fan and some VLP DDR4 memory to see how it performs in Performance mode.

Borat and museumman like this.
  3. Azzan

Azzan Member

I might just go back to ITX again, but bit confused about Ncase M1.. it's suppose to be only 5.0 lt and 6.4?cm tall according to their website, but it looks ~22-25cm tall which would make the case ~17.2-19.6 lt.
    https://www.sfflab.com/products/ncase_m1

Nacse M1 is suppose to be smaller than Dan A4 or Ghost S1?
    (W x H x D, volume, footprint)
    Dan A4 = 112 x 200 x 317, 7.1 lt, 36 cm3
    Ghost S1 = 140 x 188 x 322, 8.5 lt, 45 cm3
    Ncase M1 = 225 x 64 x 348, 5.0 lt, 78 cm3

4. intelsonic

intelsonic Member

Typo there, case is ~160mm wide, something like 10/11L

5. Talaii

Talaii Member

The model number I see in the specifications section is a version of the S4 mini. I think they copy/pasted the specs for the wrong model.

6. Azzan

Azzan Member

7. fleetfeather

fleetfeather Member

12.6L is the internal volume

8. metalrain

metalrain Member

The NCASE M1 is good if you plan to go with a water cooled set up (or plenty of HDDs/SSDs), plenty of mounting options there, but honestly, if you're going for a pure compact build with an SFX/fullsized PSU, go for the Dancase A4. That's going to be my next case. Just a disclaimer, I had an M1 a long, long time ago and despite my issues fitting all of my guts in there, I still loved it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  9. Tazor

Tazor Member

My A4 build has now reached its 3rd iteration with a 1080ti FTW3, some awesome Ensourced cables and an 8700T cooled by a Black Ridge!

Very happy with the results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tunksy, AllezAllez, Borat and 2 others like this.
  10. metalrain

metalrain Member

That's a beauty!

11. Tazor

Tazor Member

SFF LAB is not dodgy, it's the official site run by the creators of the NCase and where I bought my DanCase from.
    It's run and managed by 2 people, so it's not going to be perfect, but you can trust it. Josh and Dan are top blokes.

12. Azzan

Azzan Member

Well they should really fix the all the specs M1 page.. I also sent em a email about Dan A4 case about week ago and they still haven't replied.

Anyway, my main concern with A4 is noise and heat. Looks like I'll have to go with Noctua NH-L9i if I get A4 and it's gonna run hot and bit noisy all the time.
    Maybe I'm bit too sensitive to noise.. but fan noise from Silverstone SFX SX500-LG and Noctua NH-L9i were bit annoying when I had ITX setup on Lian Li Q20(7.18lt). I went for 600-650W Silverstone SFX PSU at the start since it was it was smaller than 500W but I had to replace it straight away cos it was way too loud.

I wouldn't mind paying $342(US$245) for A4 if it offered decent cooling option but don't really like other setup,
    Corsair H55/H60 - have to use really short GPU like Gigabyte GTX1080 Mini
    Asetek 545LC - messy cabling, side panel won't shut properly
    Black Ridge - have to use low profile RAM, probably run hot and/or noisy
    C7 Cu - too noisy

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  13. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

Anyone know of a spreedsheet containing A4 owner and their heatsink temperature? Saw it in a video but cannot find the spreadsheet.

14. Azzan

Azzan Member

Not sure about the spreadsheet link, but you can see the spreadsheet results(Aug 2018) on this video. (~5:00)

15. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

Yes, that is the video where I saw the spreadsheet :)

I already have RAM ready from a while back but is not low profile. That spreadsheet will be helpful on finding the heatsink that suite me. Waiting for the Asetek 545LC to come back to stock

16. Azzan

Azzan Member

There are hardly any room for cables if you use 545LC, I'd be worried about cables touching the radiator fan. I had similar issue on Silverstone SG13, installed the case fan cos it was recommended on SFF forum but ended up disabling it cos sometimes cables were touching the fan.
    You also have to remove one push pin mounting for the side panel, use low profile memory for 545LC and side panels won't shut properly.
    I think he used Corsair SF600 Gold with stock cables on that review, but get Corsair SF600 Platinum(comes with sleeved cables) or get custom cables if you gonna use 545LC.

17. Tazor

Tazor Member

Erm, it's not coming back into stock dude, it's discontinued. Asetek are currently developing a potential replacement, but don't hold your breath.

Also it's a massive pain in the ass to install, which is why I sold mine.
    Black Ridge with 120mm slim fan will be the best solution in a Dan once they release the revised units.

18. Azzan

Azzan Member

Black Ridge's performance isn't that good according to this review(only 3C better than L9i), despite having 6 heatpipes and having to use low profile memory.
    C7 Cu is probably better if you aren't worried about the noise. (~8-10C better than L9i)

19. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

I replaced the C7 Cu stock fan with the fan from my Noctua L9I and the cooler is very quiet now even at max rpm. There is a seller on Taobao who sells the adapter but it is not exactly cheap though.

20. Azzan

Azzan Member

heh L9i fan at max rpm is pretty loud :) at least to me.. but like said I'm probably bit too sensitive to noise. I'm using D15 with one fan atm and stock fan noise was slightly annoying, so I use low fan speed controller(~600-850rpm).

It would be nice if Noctua made new L9 by 10th gen i7(perfect time for me to get A4) since they make best coolers but unlikely I think :( their new U12 and D15 coolers look really nice tho, new U12 performs like current D15!!! and much smaller oc.