1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini ITX Owners Club and Discussion

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by XoNikzDeVil, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Ravense

Ravense Member

Speaking of custom cases...

Mine arrived! Here's some photos of the case and build :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall really happy with it!!

museumman, RnR, TomJ and 2 others like this.
  2. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

That is fucking awesome !! Did Gury get the whole case done for you?? I can see his logo all over it..
    It never even occurred to me to ask him, the obvious person, given his location and contacts. How much did the chassis cost? Is the brick inbuilt as well? I can see the power connector.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Ravense likes this.
  3. Ravense

Ravense Member

Yeah, he designed it to my spec for me. He did the case and internal PSU. I had no problem with his logo being on it considering the great work he did and how accomodating he was

Didn’t notice your edit sorry :D

Chassis cost me $130 USD for designing, manufacturing and everything

PSU was his usual $170 USD for the complete solution but he designed this one specifically for the case. The brick is built into the chassis and uses it to dissipated heat, sits underneath the GPU. I was concerned about the GPU getting too hot however under full load it’s been sitting at mid 70s so no issue there at all.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  4. Tazor

Tazor Member

Well it's more because NAVi on SFF Lab forums makes a very specific tray part which is designed for SFX, ITX and 2 slot GPU's with all the required bits and bobs.
    There aren't any cases on the market with the same layout that cost less than the tray - Or I'd just buy that xD

5. demiurge3141

demiurge3141 Member

Looks awesome. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ravense likes this.
  6. Multiplexer

Multiplexer Member

7. Tazor

Tazor Member

Nice iteration, second bottom 92mm fan is a nice addition too as I had to use cable ties lol

I'm more interested in the Sliger SM series cases, holding out for the larger SM580 currently as it has some great hardware compatibility and is more or less the big daddy of sandwich design chassis :lol:

8. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

im growing to like this mini itx stuff. far less wastage of materials, but still a custom build option.

9. Tazor

Tazor Member

You should jump onto the SFF forums and check out some of the custom projects and builds - there's so many amazing concepts and design ideas out there and so much you can achieve in a tiny space without really that much performance deficit.

adamsleath likes this.
  10. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

sff. what's/where's that?
    but yeh i want as small as possible for the next one. i dont really oc. just a tad.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    millen likes this.
  11. millen

millen Member

adamsleath likes this.
  12. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah Millen has linked the correct place, SFF just stands for Small Form Factor, loosely translates to cases under 20L but you'll find most cases there linger between 6L and 12L and make use of the Console (Motherboard and GPU mounted parallel top to bottom for a slim and tall case) or Sandwich layout (Motherboard and GPU mounted parallel back to back for a slightly wider but shorter overall case with typically better GPU support)
    Would recommend you guys both get involved there as it's a booming community and there are so many talented people creating some pretty incredible designs.

millen and adamsleath like this.
  13. AllezAllez

AllezAllez Member

Finally built up my Ghost S1. It wasn't ideal fending off all the jibes from my co-workers about my vaporware case :rolleyes:.
    But it finally arrived and thankfully without any major defects.

Pros:
    - Build access is amazing. Even better than the M1 which was already very good
    - Makes M1 look enormous!
    - Extremely solid frame
    - Size is perfect. Either for an all air setup or for WC with some modding
    - Panel access is great for cleaning

Cons:
    - Hard to mod. Steel is hard to work.
    - Some quality issues still. Power button is rubbish, some tooling marks internally, panels straight enough but not befitting price
    - Cost
    - No front facing ports

Same internals as my Ncase M1 but running an external Hardwarelabs 480 radiator under the desk. HDPlex 400W AC/DC and DC/DC units were used. AC/DC converter is mounted under the desk.
    Thought I'd roll the dice with Primochill Vue. Time will tell I guess!
    Full.jpg Front qtr.jpg Top.jpg Rear.jpg

Alfonzo, juzz86, Bertross and 6 others like this.
  14. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

HOLY MOLY!

Amazing work.

AllezAllez likes this.
  15. Tazor

Tazor Member

That's probably the best looking and most original Ghost build I've seen, I absolutely adore Silver/Pink as a theme and you've nailed the tubing runs!

Out of curiosity, what's the additional PSU unit connected to the HD Plex at the end of the GPU as you mentioned you were using an external AC-DC adapter? Is it some sort of hub device for managing fans/pumps/temps or something?

16. AllezAllez

AllezAllez Member

The black unit at the end of the GPU is an Aquacomputer Aquero. It's a fan amp/temp sensor hub. It's able to drive the DDC from its fan header only as well as take USB and sensor readings from other hubs/drivers.
    The real benefit is that it lets you set up virtual sensors like this air/water delta to create smooth input/output fan curves. Far smoother and more accurate than fan curves based on component temperatures.

upload_2019-4-30_9-44-54.png

Tazor likes this.
  17. Tazor

Tazor Member

Ah makes sense, very cool

Can we also just take a moment to appreciate your thermometer on the back of the case xD very cool touch - and far more elegant that those chunky units you see in other systems.

18. Szemen

Szemen Member

Dancase A4 v4 being shipped over! :) Back to SFF since my Core2 Shuttle days.

I've got a ITX 1080, and a 120mm AIO ready. Just need to wait for Ryzen 3000.

19. Tazor

Tazor Member

Nice one, V4 has some nice QoL enhancements - just be aware that it no longer includes the 120mm fan mount by default and this will need to be sourced separately so keep an eye on SFFLAB for when it comes up, cos you'll need to be quick.

20. Szemen

Szemen Member

I do realise that and sucks they haven't got it yet. However since I need to wait for Ryzen, the timing might just work out.

I have ordered the Asetek 645LT as well so I can go both ways for AIO.